Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Surviving the Apocalypse in the DR

Just wondering if any DR1ers have come here to increase their chances of survival, if the 1st world should suddenly self destruct, or the robot overlords should make their grab for power? Anybody stocking up on rice and ammo in some remote mountain regions?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This country self destructed years ago.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

There are no survivors in the Good Ship Hispaniola, not even one lone Castaway.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

why would someone jump from land to a sinking ship in order to prevent a drowning death?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naufrago
    Just wondering if any DR1ers have come here to increase their chances of survival, if the 1st world should suddenly self destruct, or the robot overlords should make their grab for power? Anybody stocking up on rice and ammo in some remote mountain regions?
    According to realtors I have talked with, there has been a big increase in American buyers since 9/11. Seems to suggest that they see this as a safer haven than the US if things really go bad.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    According to realtors I have talked with, there has been a big increase in American buyers since 9/11. Seems to suggest that they see this as a safer haven than the US if things really go bad.

I really believe a Dominican Realtor would say something like that. That's a very narrow perspective. I agree that part of my relocation is based on the embarrassment and shame brought by the US' current chief idiot and his followers/voters. However, two things: (1) Many countries have for YEARS dealt with terrorism and countinue to do so; and (2) there are THOUSANDS of other safe"r" havens.

If a realtor told you that (and I am certain one did), get your vaseline ready because someone is about to get it GOOD!!
    TEHAMA

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What?

So you've got some spare time on your hands then?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who, me??

If you might be referring to my previous post. Yeah, Monday was unusally slow. But Today hasn't been. Thanks for asking.

If my comment appeared a bit crude, I apologize. But the original comment was crude to me. For a Realtor to suggest the potential of a looming mass exodust of Americans fleeing the States, so "buy NOW before they come and the price goes through the roof" scenario, is simply crap. While many people may move to DR, I dont believe the States will empty out in my life time.

Perhaps I am a bit sensentive as we are not well-liked in many places theses days.
    TEHAMA

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Dear Tehama

I was just stating that the original post was a somewhat "wacky" suggestion. Maybe it's an American thing? Survival after a nucleur winter was not the first reason (or last reason for that matter) why I came here. My reasons had more to do with the nice weather - got that one wrong too!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Darling Nicky- No, sorry. Didn't get it wrong. I asked, "who, me?" Perhaps you might try writing a more precise post as well as "reading" the title line.

Enjoy your evening!
    TEHAMA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast