Picnic at the park!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I thought it would be great fun to gather up all the kids and meet for a picnic at the Mirador on Saturday (or Sunday). We all bring our lunch, blankets, kites, balls, Frisbees and have a kid?s play-time day! I spotted a great area close to the police station (after Nu?ez) they have a big play area and big trees for us parents to hang up our hammacks (Hammock)! What do you think? ;)

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Sounds great! I live only two blocks away... I'm a regular most Sundays. Count me in! along with Aroa (4), Angela (10), Alexandra (12), and Altagracia (21).

Mirador (Angel)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I think that around 11am would be nice!??? Everyone knows where it is, the playground I'm talking about?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Mirador said:
Sounds great! I live only two blocks away... I'm a regular most Sundays. Count me in! along with Aroa (4), Angela (10), Alexandra (12), and Altagracia (21).

Mirador (Angel)
Is there a reason why everybody's name in your family starts with A. Your son's name also starts with A. Is that a George Foreman thing? ;)

I'll join you next year for the picnic :classic:

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Naufrago!

Yes you drive on Anacaona and a bit after Nu?ez you will see the big play area. Every single morning I get the same question from my kid; ?Mom is today Sunday?? It better not rain or we are in for big trouble with the kids! :nervous:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Is there a reason why everybody's name in your family starts with A. Your son's name also starts with A. Is that a George Foreman thing?

Would you believe it's a mere coincidence? ;)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
See you there!

Have a banana/zuccini bread in the oven for the kids and a bottle of red wine for us big kids in the cooler! ;)

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
How did the picnic go? How did you all do? Was it all harmony and fun? Any surprises or dissapointments?

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Had a great time! Mirador, Juanita, Chirimoya and our families drank a little wine, a few of beers, spread out the blankets and enjoyed the day. We all stayed till about 7. Juanita's banana/zuccini bread was really good, we shared sandwiches, chicken, popcorn, and hardboiled eggs. No problems at all a wonderful park on a Sunday afternoon, families and kids, flying kites and playing on the jungle gym. The weather could not have been better.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Wow! really nice. I am glad it all went well and everyone had a good time. That's what life is all about. Congratulations!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Daughter and I had a wonderful time in these pretty relaxing surroundings. It was nice to lounge on our blankets and listen to all of our stories. Now starts the ?how many days till the zoo mom?? Me and my big mouth!!! :tired:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks juanita for organising it. We had a great time. Perfect weather!
Chiri and Chirimoyito

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
The outing would have been unbearable ;-) if it wasn't for Juanita's banana and zuccini bread (thanks for the recipe), and the great raport with Naufrago and his beautiful wife, Chiri, and all the children, who enjoyed the most... Now I will let Juanita set the date for the next 'paseo', the 'Picnic on the Beach', at Playa Palenque, San Cristobal.