From Santo Dom. to Cabarete

Darlene Wheeler

May 29, 2003
I am flying in to Santo Domingo and need to get to Cabarete.

Any suggestions for buses to Cabarete and how much does it cost and how long of a trip?
Thanks

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
here is what you do...

From airport...you would take a taxi out to the main road that goes to Santo Domingo. If you are packing light...you could walk it. It is a very short distance so don't get taken by the taxi driver. Negotiate up front. Then...take one of the small buses...I think the correct name spelling/name is Gua Gua....take this into Santo Domingo. Then take a taxi to Caribe Tour bus station. Then take a Caribe Tour bus to Caberate.

That is the cheap way to go.

You could take a taxi straight from airport to Caribe Tour...that will cost you a lot more. I don't know what the current rate is for that. But I would assume it runs about 30USD. It is much easier than going through several steps to get to Caribe Tour. There may be a Caribe Tour in Boca Chica. If so, you could take a taxi to Boca Chica and then Caribe Tour to Caberate.

There may be other methods...I have not taken that route in some time.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Take taxi to Caribe Tours terminal in Santo Domingo. Buses leave hourly for Sosua. Takes about 4.25 houirs and costs RD$220. To get to Cabarete, you will need to take a taxi from the Caribe Tours terminal in Sosua. If you speak a little Spanish, know where you are going in Cabarete and are traveling light, it would also be possible to take a gua gua or publico (public car) to Cabarete for much less than a taxi. If you want info on that, let me know.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Snuffy said:
If you are packing light...you could walk it. It is a very short distance so don't get taken by the taxi driver.

I think in all fairness that short distance is pretty long for the average person to actually get to the autopista east/west so walking it would be bad advice.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
ricktoronto said:
I think in all fairness that short distance is pretty long for the average person to actually get to the autopista east/west so walking it would be bad advice.

I walked it with a backpack once...it did not seem that far to me. But you are probably right.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Loooooooooooong walk

ricktoronto said:
It's got to be over a mile, maybe 1 1/2.