Universal Passport

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Have you read in today's paper that DR and the Central American block are looking into issuing a common passport. Purportedly as a mean to combat crime. HUH??

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
As far as Central America is concerned, they are looking to the EU model with no checks at common borders with four countries initially, IIRC, Honduras, El Savador, Guatamela and Nicaragua, I suppose with Costa Rica and Panama to follow along with Belize, presumably.

Citizens of the four can go across the borders or fly back and forth now with just a cedula although there are ridiculous lineups at the road borders so this makes sense just like in the EU, where you cross with minimal or no checks at all at borders.

I am not sure where it says they'd throw the DR into the mix since it is nowhere near there - where did you read this?

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Source

In yesterday's edition of Hoy (irony) anyways, Morales Troncoso was questioned in the article let me dig it up.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
principe said:
In yesterday's edition of Hoy (irony) anyways, Morales Troncoso was questioned in the article let me dig it up.

Post a link if you can - the CA thing is underway I believe but adding the DR sounds quite odd.