Due Diligence check on Hispaniola Construction

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
I am potentially getting a second home in the DR (currently have one in Casa LInda)built by Hispaniola Real estate, namely Werner Rinck. I wanted to find out positive and negative comments about the company and his work.

Any input would be appreciated. It would be built in either Perla Marina or Pro Cab. Not interested in finding out about the residencial areas but rather the builder.

Thanks,
Eric Carignan

PMs are fine, not here to put down anyone.

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
ecarignan said:
Common guys, there's got to be someone that knows these guys and/or have experience with them. Help me out!

Thanks,
ecarignan

I do not believe that they have built many houses. I know Werner personally and I can attest that he is a great guy. Since you'll not find a BBB in the area, your best protection is knowledge. Do your home work and compare prices.

carilinger

Apr 3, 2008
Werner Rinck no so nice

July 2008
We have recently dealt with Mr. Rinck, and must say it has not been pleasant. If you decide to deal with him, make sure you have all details of your agreement reviewed by YOUR attorney. He has a system where he works under contracts that favor him, at your expense. He seems like a very good person when you sit down with him, but he can turn into something else, believe me!!!

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
I cannot say anything negative about Werner. Solid young businessman. Ditto his agent Lena. Had some minor issues with OLga, but nothing serious. But I had with Espanola only two-three transactions on behalf of rich overseas buyers. So, BUYER BEWARE as usual.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
He has 40 or more homes either under construction or delivered in the last 15 months including many of our clients as well as his own home in this development. We have seen no major problems with working with him or his construction.

Bob K

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Werner has built 2 homes for me, managed them for a few years and I can't say anything negative about him or Hispaniola. He is a business in business to make profits like everyone else, so, make sure you lay out all details and pricing before starting to build, as you would anywhere else in the world.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Consider the source. Carilinger has 2 posts, both negative. This is a typical troll looking for attention, maybe even another Realtor looking to stir the pot a little. Basically, you should disregard anything Carilinger writes on DR1 until it's backed up with hard facts.

Jan 5, 2006
I don't know this particular builder, but in general, the best way to conduct this type of research is to personally check out some of the builder's ongoing and completed projects.

After you have selected a builder, a good lawyer is recommended to make sure that all the details are in writing and that your interests are being looked after.

kbb

Jun 14, 2008
I am a architect from the US and manage houses being built in werners develoment. He is honest, and tries to work with all my clients. I cannot even imagine that there is a better developer or builder to work with in the DR.

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
Werner has built 2 homes for me, managed them for a few years and I can't say anything negative about him or Hispaniola. He is a business in business to make profits like everyone else, so, make sure you lay out all details and pricing before starting to build, as you would anywhere else in the world.

ecarignan,

Are you answering your own questions or posting an ad????

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
Follow the time line of this thread; it was started over three years ago so I'm betting that in the intervening years the OP was able to answer his own question.

Gregg

yes indeed. then it is called good follow up.
:knockedou