Golfing on the North coast

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
We will be staying in Caberette for a week Feb 26 - Mar 5 and are curious about golfing. We are far from par players (best one of us shoots around 115). Any other courses besides the one at Playa Dorada that would be worthwhile setting a day aside for? Any ideas what amount the fees may be?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are just two good courses on the North Shore:

Playa Dorada and Playa Grande. By far the best course in the DR is Playa Grande, IMO, but my son agrees with me.

Playa Dorada is a nice, long layout that needs some work to get around .

Dorada is less expensive thean Grande, but both are up there (at least for us locals) Read GORDO's post on golf there.

To set aside a day, make it a Friday or Sunday and play Santiago. Dirt cheap and what I like to call "interesting" ..Let me know if you can make it on a Sunday?

HB:D:D

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Playa Grande Is DEFINITELY better than Playa Dorada & now might well be a little cheaper than Playa Dorada! Prices are rocketing up at Dorada so much so that even the Locals prefer the 1 1/2 hours drive to Grande &/or Santiago to play.

If you haven't already done so, read Bok's post on "Free Golf" & organise yourself a FedoGolf card before you come (PM me if you have any difficulty or questions). A card costs you just RD $5,000 & gives you one free round of golf (you pay for cart &/or caddie) at about 12 courses in the country!! Play at Playa Dorada, Playa Grande & Santiago once each & you have paid for your FedoGolf card!!! ~ Grahame.
HB - you lining up games for the period I am in Rehab??? ~ GB.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
BushBaby said:
Playa Grande Is DEFINITELY better than Playa Dorada & now might well be a little cheaper than Playa Dorada! Prices are rocketing up at Dorada so much so that even the Locals prefer the 1 1/2 hours drive to Grande &/or Santiago to play.

If you haven't already done so, read Bok's post on "Free Golf" & organise yourself a FedoGolf card before you come (PM me if you have any difficulty or questions). A card costs you just RD $5,000 & gives you one free round of golf (you pay for cart &/or caddie) at about 12 courses in the country!! Play at Playa Dorada, Playa Grande & Santiago once each & you have paid for your FedoGolf card!!! ~ Grahame.
HB - you lining up games for the period I am in Rehab??? ~ GB.

What are the greens fees at Playa Grande this year? Do they still have an afternoon rate after 3:00? Thanks Tom

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
Is that an invitation?

Hillbilly said:
Playa Dorada and Playa Grande. By far the best course in the DR is Playa Grande, IMO, but my son agrees with me.

Playa Dorada is a nice, long layout that needs some work to get around .

Dorada is less expensive thean Grande, but both are up there (at least for us locals) Read GORDO's post on golf there.

To set aside a day, make it a Friday or Sunday and play Santiago. Dirt cheap and what I like to call "interesting" ..Let me know if you can make it on a Sunday?

HB:D:D

We arrive in the evening of Sat Feb 26 so I have to discuss it with the others by I certainly would go out of my way to enjoy a visit with the Grand Puba of DR1!!! ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well the 27th is a Sunday and That is GAme Day for me.

BushBaby is not gonna be worth a hoot for a month or so, so I am looking for games.

There are buses from POP from early a.m. to late p.m. And they can carry oyour clubs and I can pick you up at the station....

Or the following weekend, same thing.

HB, Yeah, I'm gonna practice while you rehab!!! :D:D:D