getting married in beautiful dr!

weddingindr

Feb 2, 2005
My fiance and I are the more laid back type, we just want to spend our last honeymoon week laying on the beach. I understand that all the beaches are public and have topless option? What does the "public beach" entail, will we have lots of vendors on our hotel site? And while we don't mind, we'd like to be prepared if there are going to be a lot of topless women all around us. We'll probably be staying at the EMI Sun Village. If anyone has any news on the resort it would be very much appreciated, and any news on what kind of affect this carnaval will have on our stay along the Northern coast??
Thanks so much, the postings have already been very helpful!! Alexe

Shelley

Oct 16, 2004
Sun Village is very nice

I was married last year at Sun Village and it was a beautiful, rather quiet resort a little outside of town. There was a little stretch a beach just off the resort area where some locals were hanging out having fun but they didn't venture over to the resort area. There are a couple little vendor shops at the beach and I do not recall anyone trying to sell me things while on the beach. I doubt there will be a lot of topless woman there. I didn't see any when I was there but over at the Playa Dorada complex they seemed to be a lot walking around. There is(or was) an adult pool at Sun Village if woman wanted to go topless in a more private manner. The only negative thing is if you get a room at the top of the hill it's quite a trek down for breakfast and the beach! The food and entertainment was all good. I would definitely stay there again. I can't give any info on the carnival as I haven't had the privilege of seeing it yet but I can't imagine it would be a bad thing.
Have fun!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Carnival is in full swing

But I doubt that you will see any of it at the hotel.

You should have a good time there, but it is a public place.

If you want carnival, take a gua-gua into town and walk the malecon for fun!!

HB