Safety & Security

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
I got the idea from the other Thread.
Put down some ideas, for Safety & Security.

My Security Bars on the casa. My next-door neighbor suggested that I get the anchor points reinforced.

You can have the most intimidating bars on your house, but you would be surprised how easily, a blow in the right place could knock them out.

I have the sawed off persuader, in the house, un-loaded, and it makes a noise like no other in the world, the Click-Click, just from loading action, is recognized instantaneously, in all spoken languages known to man.
Even in a pitch-dark environment, there is no mistaking it.
( Even in those tiny countries that banned them altogether!!)

Solar powered, outdoor lighting, with motion sensor?s.
Fully self contained, and available, cheap, in the states.
I had them 1st; know all my neighbors have them.

There is other stuff, but you get the idea?..

Thanks
Tim H.:smoke:

Last edited:

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Radio Shack sells cheap motion detectors which are very loud. I wouldn't advise it if you have pets or a rodent problem.
TEHAMA
ps- also for those like myself who live in a cage...please pick up a smoke alarm.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Found Out That My "Security Bars",are anchored(Welded" to the

Re-Bar) in my house! I wanted to remove a metal door.We had to chip down to the re-bar,and then cut the metal with a special electric saw!
Don't forget the air-conditioners have to be in metal protectors too!
Thieves,just like cockroaches,avoid the light! I have two Halogen "Street lights".One on a pole in my backyard,and I just had the other moved from a pole in my front yard,facing down,to a pole on the roof,facing forward.It is on the invertor,and lights the whole street in front of my house when there is no "Luz"! My neighbors like that a lot!

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Timex said:
Solar powered, outdoor lighting, with motion sensor?s.
Fully self contained, and available, cheap, in the states.
I had them 1st; know all my neighbors have them.

Of course the first chance they get, they'll steal the lights :)

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
sawed off persuader? I bet you got yours from Randy Weaver, up by Ruby Ridge.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
The sawn off persuader ...

You're so right. I was sitting on my terrace the other night, glass in one hand, cigar in the other when from nowhere I heard that all to familiar "chick" "chick" sound. My brain went into overdrive trying to work out what the sound was - I knew it was bad but it just took a split second to work out what it was. Just as my brain said "shotgun - duck!" Kerboom! It went off - luckily it was not being pointed in my direction but you're so right, that sound seems to be lodged in my head somewhere as definately "peligroso".

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
OK all you Clint Eastwood wannabees - for me, real security is a bunch of security guards at the gate and limited access to where I live. I'm in my 60's and I don't consider an enjoyable day scaring off intruders. I also don't want to experience the joy of shooting someone for the first time in my life.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
ideas

So if someone comes up with a better mousetrap........... just maybe they won't have to invest in a Chihuahua .ha ha.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Danny W said:
OK all you Clint Eastwood wannabees - for me, real security is a bunch of security guards at the gate and limited access to where I live. I'm in my 60's and I don't consider an enjoyable day scaring off intruders. I also don't want to experience the joy of shooting someone for the first time in my life.

Danny,

I a way you're right but it's all about being selfreliant imo. Guards can and will be corrupted. Gated communities advertise the fact that yo?'re wealthy.. I think it's a trade-off between how you want to live and what you're willing to do about yourself..