?? Catalina Is. to La Romana Harbor HELP??

tornado66

May 25, 2004
nickysfirevideo.tripod.com
I am arriving on a cruise ship(Costa,Atlantica) in Catalina Is. ,My 11 year old son is half Dominican, and we want to see his Abuelo ,who recently moved back to Santiago,DR from NJ. My question is ....Is there any reasonabally priced commuter or tour boats, that I can take from Catalina Is. to La Romana Harbor to get to the main-land?? We are going to try to meet up with his Abuelo in Boca Chica for the day! Then the trick is to get back to Catalina Is. by 11PM to board our ship by 12 AM. Any one have any helpful info ????
I Thank You in advance for your help!!
Ron B.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
tornado66 said:
I am arriving on a cruise ship(Costa,Atlantica) in Catalina Is. ,My 11 year old son is half Dominican, and we want to see his Abuelo ,who recently moved back to Santiago,DR from NJ. My question is ....Is there any reasonabally priced commuter or tour boats, that I can take from Catalina Is. to La Romana Harbor to get to the main-land?? We are going to try to meet up with his Abuelo in Boca Chica for the day! Then the trick is to get back to Catalina Is. by 11PM to board our ship by 12 AM. Any one have any helpful info ????
I Thank You in advance for your help!!
Ron B.

The logistics would require that you take the last boat that would be willing to leave from La Romana to Catalina island. This has to be done by daylight, so I would think the latest would be at 4 pm, and this would have to be prearranged. The boats will not travel at night as they are small motorboats.

I think your best option would be to get a hold of Carlos Arriaza, owner of Rancho Cumayasa, from where they take out excursions to Isla Catalina.
Rancho Cumayasa. R?o Cumayasa, Cumayasa, San Pedro
de Macor?s. Tel 809 222-3505, 809 341- 6214. He could probably assist you in making this meeting doable.

Then get the grandfather to meet you at the Rancho Cumayasa.