Secret Gardens

palenque2012

Jan 29, 2005
I was wondering if anybody could give me any info on the Secret Gardens Guesthouse. It's located between Cabarete and Sosua (Perla Marina) just off the beach. Has anybody stayed there? How are the waves just west of Playa Encuentro? Are they good for bodysurfing? How safe is it to walk along the beaches just outside of Cabarete at night? Any and all info about this guesthouse or area would be great. THANX

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
If you post an email or pm me with an address, I can send a few photos of the beach. I lived very near Secret Garden for a few months, and I felt perfectly comfortable walking there day or night. You will be very close to the beach. My info and photos are a year and a half old, so things may have changed, but probably very little.

I found the water rough for swimming, and occasionally we saw a surfer. There are some rather large rocky areas to avoid, but they are quite visible.

The beach is not huge, but it is quiet. The worst thing was the horseback riding from the resorts. They left quite a few "messy areas" on the beach.

Although you cannot walk continuously along the beach due to the rocks, there is a decent path to walk along the shore for miles.

palenque2012

Jan 29, 2005
mainer said:
If you post an email or pm me with an address, I can send a few photos of the beach. I lived very near Secret Garden for a few months, and I felt perfectly comfortable walking there day or night. You will be very close to the beach. My info and photos are a year and a half old, so things may have changed, but probably very little.

I found the water rough for swimming, and occasionally we saw a surfer. There are some rather large rocky areas to avoid, but they are quite visible.

The beach is not huge, but it is quiet. The worst thing was the horseback riding from the resorts. They left quite a few "messy areas" on the beach.

Although you cannot walk continuously along the beach due to the rocks, there is a decent path to walk along the shore for miles.

is it possible to walk to encuentro from here. is there any good bodysufing waves around here?

canada_ang

Jan 26, 2005
Perla Marina

I'm also planning to stay in a villa in Perla Marina (Villa Brigitte). I've posted a few requests for feedback, but haven't really received much so far.

Does anyone have a map showing the layout of Perla Marina? (and surrounding area)