How to find Employment in SD.

chicaDNYC

Feb 2, 2005
I am trying to get the 411 on job search in SD. I don't know to much about how to find advertisements for openings. I want to find employment at a foreign company b/c I'm interested in the Human Resource field. If anyone has any info or an stories on your move let me know.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Jobs are available for people who want to teach English. For other jobs of a professional nature you will need to be fluent in Spanish and very lucky. There are lots of Dominicans with a university diploma who are looking for work and understand that the pay here is much lower than most foreigners are accustomed to.

Unless you speak fluent Spanish and have something really out of the ordinary to offer, I recommend that you do you search in other countries than the DR.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
chicaDNYC said:
I am trying to get the 411 on job search in SD. I don't know to much about how to find advertisements for openings. I want to find employment at a foreign company b/c I'm interested in the Human Resource field. If anyone has any info or an stories on your move let me know.

Try job search websites. Try to search google and yahoo. One website that has jobs worlwide is www.jobsabroad.com I found a couple of jobs while back in the dominican republic working for a foreign company. Another one was latinpro. Good luck.

chicaDNYC

Feb 2, 2005
Ken thanks for the advice! I am fluent in Spanish, so that will help. But I am not interested in teaching English. I don't expect to make the same amount of $, I am looking for peace of mind.

Ken said:
Jobs are available for people who want to teach English. For other jobs of a professional nature you will need to be fluent in Spanish and very lucky. There are lots of Dominicans with a university diploma who are looking for work and understand that the pay here is much lower than most foreigners are accustomed to.

Unless you speak fluent Spanish and have something really out of the ordinary to offer, I recommend that you do you search in other countries than the DR.