meeting up at rockys

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
been reading posts saying nice things about rocky and his place.so i would like to meet up with some members in april and hangout and have some drinks at his place and watch some sports.thanks ;)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
easygoin said:
been reading posts saying nice things about rocky and his place.so i would like to meet up with some members in april and hangout and have some drinks at his place and watch some sports.thanks ;)

Rockys is the best place in Sosua to meet good people. Is Scott throwing an Easter bash again this year? If he is and your trip coincides with it, there will be no shortage of good people around for you to meet.

Larry

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
easygoin said:

You can count me in. See you in april. The first round of Presidente's will be on you since you are making the invitation. See ya.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Larry said:
Rockys is the best place in Sosua to meet good people. Is Scott throwing an Easter bash again this year? If he is and your trip coincides with it, there will be no shortage of good people around for you to meet.

Larry
Yes, I am having the 3rd or 4th annual Easter Bash at Rockys. I am expecting over 100 people again. Last Easter we had 150 or so with 85 or so dinners served.

My daughter returns to NY on the 27th of March to return to school and I am actually considering getting on the plane with her. She tests for her 3rd degree blackbelt on April 2nd and I would love to see that show. I won't even have to take a limo from the Airport since my wife will be picking her up so I save a few dollars on a 100 mile limo ride.

I have friends coming down on the 5th of April so I may just filch a ride with them so I can travel to the airport again for Nada.

Expect the same great time without me and you may even see some of the people that dislike me show up. Then you can meet some of the petty people also:)

If you are there after the 5th of April I would like to meet you.

Scott

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Just my luck

Yesterday traveled 20 miles to a bar that serves 99 different beers to have my first PRESIDENT'S. having to wait 10 minutes because the waitress was dragin butt. She finally comes over to me and she says would you like to see a menu? I said no thank you I'd like to have a PRESIDENT'S and she says I'm sorry we don't have that. Now within one second my minds racing thinking you gotta be kidding me, or you're just too lazy to look to see if you carry it. So she's looking at me waiting for a reply which I would have loved to give her but not one she would've enjoyed. I still couldn't believe it so I said can I just have a bud bottle please so she walked her lazy butt over to the cooler and brought me one back and the beer was warm. now really pissed i have to track her down and she asked is there a problem I said yes this is warm, She replies to me and a says their all that way. So I say OK and pay for it and leave . Now,no PRESIDENT'S ,warm beer, and another 20 miles back. But today is a new day and I'm going to SCORE SOME TODAY.

LARRY,cant wait to meet nice people.STALLION no problem. ;) ;)

younggun_66

Jan 26, 2005
Rocky

easygoin said:

I'm going to Cabaret/Sosua the week of April 1st, when are you exactly going there ????? We can maybe meet up. Send me a e-mail
younggun_66@sympatico.ca

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Going down smooth

sorry for getting off track on my last post, just a bad experience. As far as meeting nice people I know I will, end thanks so much from all the members on this site to give such valuable information to me and everyone alike. To me that something special. ;)

just picked up 12 packof PRESIDENDE could not believe how cheap it was for the quality 13.79 plus tax, I'm in heaven. Rocky your gonna make a lot off money on me and every golf course I play with HB and the PLACES HE KNOWS OF AND TELLS ME TO VISIT. ;) ;) ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
We'll see

?asy: Rocky's has a very good kitchen and they all hang easy. A place with a lot of Relax. Cool. Calm. But good honest drinks and good company.

I am looking to get me a new set of metal woods...gotta get OUT there..

See ya, bye

HB :D:D

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Genuine people are hard to come by

HI HB, I really look forward to Santiago and spending time to learn way of life there, plus play golf with you of course.

going to rocky's is a must for me in my travel to meet nice people like you ;) and others from this board.

I would like if you could come ?and play that nice course that your son really likes up there and if bushbaby is in town maybe he can join us?.save your car and gas and I'll get us a cab and then stop at rocky's.IT'S ON ME GUY'S.

HB,as far as metal woods let me know what your after?maybe i can help. ;) ;)

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
OK so afer this lovefest

DO WE HAVE A DATE IN APRIL?

I will be in POP from April 15 - 29 but am already spoken for around the 18th with Trina and family in Santiago at the Hillbilly Hovel (to be confirmed) and at a date to yet be confirmed with Conchman and mi amigo Martin Espinal. So when is the deal to happen at Rocky's - or do I have to set up my own?

Gregg

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
FireGuy said:
DO WE HAVE A DATE IN APRIL?

I will be in POP from April 15 - 29 but am already spoken for around the 18th with Trina and family in Santiago at the Hillbilly Hovel (to be confirmed) and at a date to yet be confirmed with Conchman and mi amigo Martin Espinal. So when is the deal to happen at Rocky's - or do I have to set up my own?

Gregg

fireguy,wedding in ny on april 22 leave jfk 23-24 after yankee game arrive 25-26 so anyone that wants to meet up for drinks ,would be great. ;)

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
lets all meet

i really want to know people from the DR to have drinks and to know the heritage of the country from people that really know. Wonderful time would be having drinks at rocky's and having fun with all the nice people that I meet in the area. I know people that live in DR things are tight, but that doesn't mean a (gringo like me can't buy some drinks for some quality people that live in a DR) and by the way Rocky how much are your rooms ;) because i'm real cheap. ;) ;) ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
RE: Metalwoods

FYI: I make my own. Been doing it for close to 15 years. I am the best in the DR and perhaps PR at this. Like Erasmus once said in the person of Folly: "Who is better qualified to toot my horn? No, I always say if you want something done well, do it yourself."

Actually it is a question of wanting to change from the wonderful sound of wood meeting the ball to that awful "Clang" you get with the big-headed metal drivers these days.

I am thinking Grafalloy "S" or Pro Force "S" shafts and some nice fairway metalwoods, probably a 3-5-7 combo with a Golfsmith HI-COR 10? face driver.....at least for now.

See you in April,

HB :D:D

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
golfsmith

funny that was the second set of clubs i owned.tour two model( ping knockoffs)shafted the irons and 1,3, 5,metal woods and they were real nice.liked them better than my cals,staffs,pings that i owned but i sold them :cry: but i still have yamaha secrets and love them even though i lost my 7 & 3 irons and cannot find replacements. :cry: :cry:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
By April I should be swinging the left arm again ....... I Hope!! Look forward to making a decent get together with HB & yourself at Santiago, Jarabacoa OR Playa Grande courses!! ~ Grahame.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Information on orphanage

BushBaby said:
By April I should be swinging the left arm again ....... I Hope!! Look forward to making a decent get together with HB & yourself at Santiago, Jarabacoa OR Playa Grande courses!! ~ Grahame.
hi, bushbaby can you please give me the name any address, phone, of the orphanage where it will be delivered to. Thank you ;)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
easygoin said:
hi, bushbaby can you please give me the name any address, phone, of the orphanage where it will be delivered to. Thank you ;)

The name of the school which looks after orphaned & abused children is Intergracion Juvenil & the school proper is just outside the Playa Dorada 2nd entrance. Sorry I don't have an address for that part of the school but will gladly meet with you & take you to it. The Chief Administrator there is called Evelin & her Tel. No is 320 1272. The MAIN office for the charity is right opposite the Amber Museum in Puerto Plata, street name is Emilio PrudHomme, esq Duarte. Tel No there is 586-2638. The present webpage for these admin offices is http://www.integracionjuvenil.org.

If there is any further information or help I can give you with regard to going to see them or delivering on your behalf, then please let me know. We were due to meet anyway!!!!! Ring Evelina at the school or me at my home for directions if you wat to get there yourself - it is simplicity itself to find, even a BLONDE could find it!! ~ Grahame.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
BushBaby said:
The name of the school which looks after orphaned & abused children is Intergracion Juvenil & the school proper is just outside the Playa Dorada 2nd entrance. Sorry I don't have an address for that part of the school but will gladly meet with you & take you to it. The Chief Administrator there is called Evelin & her Tel. No is 320 1272. The MAIN office for the charity is right opposite the Amber Museum in Puerto Plata, street name is Emilio PrudHomme, esq Duarte. Tel No there is 586-2638. The present webpage for these admin offices is http://www.integracionjuvenil.org.

If there is any further information or help I can give you with regard to going to see them or delivering on your behalf, then please let me know. We were due to meet anyway!!!!! Ring Evelina at the school or me at my home for directions if you wat to get there yourself - it is simplicity itself to find, even a BLONDE could find it!! ~ Grahame.
thanks , I needed that information because a lady in the Rotary club wants to help out also. So she will let all the members know where and what charities they are helping out. As for delivering I have already got 19 gloves and a bunch of baseball's new and used and much more to come. So I may just have to ship it to you and HB because it's going to be way too much for me to carry around. As far as bats I will just buy some there due to size and weight, but will need help knowing where to buy them. Thanks again ;)