Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties..

Nov 5, 2004
Are bachelor and/or bachlorette parties common in the DR?

Just wanting to know if this is a Dominican tradition that they follow, and if it is how does it compare to the "typical" North American bachlor/bachelorette parties???
thankss:D

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
You must be getting so excited!!! Angel and I had a small stag/stagette before our wedding, but it was nothing compared to my stagette here in Canada...pretty tame, but that will always depend on the people and the crowd.

Best of luck to you!

Nov 5, 2004
trina said:
You must be getting so excited!!! Angel and I had a small stag/stagette before our wedding, but it was nothing compared to my stagette here in Canada...pretty tame, but that will always depend on the people and the crowd.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks Trina

Yes..I'm veryyy excited but very stressed.on Monday it will be exactly one week..and at the moment I'm no longer sure where we are going to have the wedding. The plans are all for Puerto Plata Village....but each of Carlos' family has to pay the fee of 1000 pesos to get in for the wedding, which is very expensive for some of them. And even though there will be about 50 of them coming, the hotel will give no discount. My dad is going to call and talk to the manager later today or tomorrow. And we are thinking of moving it to another resort if they can't give a bit of a group discount!I mean that a gaurenteed 50,000 pesos!!! That's ALOT of money...they COULD give a discount! But maybe if they know we are thinking of changing the location it will help?!?

But also, Carlos is now sounding more like he wants to have the wedding in town..and I would like that too but its sooooo much more work that way. Plus..I don't get there untill 5 days before the wedding, I'm almost a basket case as it is...and I am not even doing most of the planning for the wedding as it is!!!! If we have to start running around doing all the planning from scratch I think I would end up getting so wound up and stressed out, that it would be hard to calm down in time for the wedding.

Also the fact that I'm not sure if Iw ill have a job when I get back....ahhhhh! I dont know...I dont know what to do right now...I'm just gonna go take a nap and not think for a bit. My head is spinning! :eek:

Maybe the answers will come to me in a dream......:p

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Good luck. Do not stress it. Just have a small wedding out of a resort. I don't think Puerto Plata Village will give you a discount.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Take it easy Peachez.

I'm sure everything will be fine whatever you decide to do.

Even if there are a few bumps in the road and your wedding isn't exactly as you expected, you and Carlos are getting married and your families will be there to celebrate.
It will be a wonderful time regardless of where you decide to have it.

Are you saying that you are paying for the ceremony and that guests must pay for their own food and drinks?
If this is the case, it would probably be way more affordable and enjoyable to have it somewhere else.
I would have it somewhere where I could treat my guests and they could just give whatever they choose for presents.

Given that this is happening in the Dominican Republic and many of his relatives are attending, perhaps you should leave it up to Carlos and his family to determine and arrange the best and most appropriate place and format for the ceremony and reception.
Just give him the green light and I'm sure you won't be disappointed or overloaded.

Anyways, don't stress yourself out.

Congratulations and best wishes for you and Carlos.