Spa Services In Puerto Plata, Sosua, or Cabarete

Mario

Sep 26, 2004
Hi Everyone!

Can someone please tell me the best way to get spa services on the North Coast. I am not staying at an all incluisive and would need to either get a day pass to the spa or go to a free standing spa business. Does anyone know what my options are? The best place? Specifically, looking for massages, facials, body wraps, etc. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Mario

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
There is a new free standing spa just down the road from the Brugal factory in Puerto Plata. I am returning to POP tomorrow and can find the telephone number for you if you like

Also, PM me if you want the name and phone number of someone who does spa services as an independent. Facials, massage, nails are certain. I don't know if she does body wraps, however. She is also in Puerto Plata.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
La Profe_1 said:
There is a new free standing spa just down the road from the Brugal factory in Puerto Plata. I am returning to POP tomorrow and can find the telephone number for you if you like

Also, PM me if you want the name and phone number of someone who does spa services as an independent. Facials, massage, nails are certain. I don't know if she does body wraps, however. She is also in Puerto Plata.

If it's the ladioaspa you thinking off (same location), that's more of a whorehouse after what I have read on another board.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Tor said:
If it's the ladioaspa you thinking off (same location), that's more of a whorehouse after what I have read on another board.

A whorehouse? In Puerto Plata!!?? :eek:

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
La Profe_1 said:

There is a Spa atThe Coral Marien , open to the public

Mario

Sep 26, 2004
Coral Marien

Is this spa in the Playa Dorada Complex? Thank you for your assistance. Mario

luzcace said:
There is a Spa atThe Coral Marien , open to the public

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The Coral Marien is located in Costa Dorada, which is next door to Playa Dorada hotel complex (15 hotels).

Suggest in addition to the Coral Marien facility, you look into the Casa Colonial spa, probably the most luxurious on the north coast. See http://dr1.com/directories/hotels/gran_casa_colonial_VH.shtml

It is located in the Playa Dorada complex at the Casa Colonial, Playa Dorada's first boutique hotel and not an all inclusive hotel. The Casa Colonial Spa should be more exclusive and pricier. I visited it last year when it had just opened, and it is very complete and seems the perfect place for pampering oneself.

The spa is open to the general public.

Mario

Sep 26, 2004
Casa Colonial

Hi Dolores,

Thank you for your post! I am very appreciative. Do you know what services they offer? Is it for both men and women? Any sense of the prices. I am taking a friend to the DR and would like her to have a wonderful time. Be well and again thanks! Mario

Dolores said:
The Coral Marien is located in Costa Dorada, which is next door to Playa Dorada hotel complex (15 hotels).

Suggest in addition to the Coral Marien facility, you look into the Casa Colonial spa, probably the most luxurious on the north coast. See http://dr1.com/directories/hotels/gran_casa_colonial_VH.shtml

It is located in the Playa Dorada complex at the Casa Colonial, Playa Dorada's first boutique hotel and not an all inclusive hotel. The Casa Colonial Spa should be more exclusive and pricier. I visited it last year when it had just opened, and it is very complete and seems the perfect place for pampering oneself.

The spa is open to the general public.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Mario said:
Hi Dolores,

Thank you for your post! I am very appreciative. Do you know what services they offer? Is it for both men and women? Any sense of the prices. I am taking a friend to the DR and would like her to have a wonderful time. Be well and again thanks! Mario

Yes, it is for men and women. Write to the hotel to see if they can send you back a list of the spa services with prices.

I think you will impress your friend and both of you will have a wonderful time.

If you are from Europe, you can get the 30-40% discount because the prices are in US$.

Dec 9, 2002
Casa Colonial will certainly impress your friend, but boy is it expensive! I had a look at the place whilst I was in Playa Dorada in December, it's absolutely beautiful, very peaceful and very exclusive. Although it is open to the public, I doubt many could afford it - I know I can't! Prices for a half hour massage started at around US$90.

Mario

Sep 26, 2004
Atlantic Spa

Anyone been to this place? any info? prices? services? anything? Thanks!

MaineGirl said:
The Atlantic Spa is new and looks very nice. You'll find it next to Cafecito, across from Playa Dorada.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
MaineGirl said:
The Atlantic Spa is new and looks very nice. You'll find it next to Cafecito, across from Playa Dorada.

Where is this Spa??? I passed a few days ago.. and around Cito I noticed no changes.. Harrisons, Avis..
Is it called Atlantic spa??

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Atlantic Spa

To answer the questions about this spa, it is owned by the Riveras (see Altagracia and boys in media gallery) and they had their daughter running it but now they have rented it to other operators. It is on Calle Emilio Rivera which is the street that runs next to Harrison's. Not the best street (big pot holes) but the spa is painted sky-blue and it is next to a pretty salmon-colored house. Currently it is just a hair salon; I believe they are looking for operators for the spa part, although all the amenities are in place (aromatherapy, etc).

Hope this helps.

Here is the number to call for more information: (809) 508-1130 and (809) 586-5700. If anyone asks how you found out about it you may give them my name (Amity).

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
MaineGirl said:
To answer the questions about this spa, it is owned by the Riveras (see Altagracia and boys in media gallery) and they had their daughter running it but now they have rented it to other operators. It is on Calle Emilio Rivera which is the street that runs next to Harrison's. Not the best street (big pot holes) but the spa is painted sky-blue and it is next to a pretty salmon-colored house. Currently it is just a hair salon; I believe they are looking for operators for the spa part, although all the amenities are in place (aromatherapy, etc).

Hope this helps.

Here is the number to call for more information: (809) 508-1130 and (809) 586-5700. If anyone asks how you found out about it you may give them my name (Amity).

Thanks, I was just curious.. I have heard nothing about it, and usually when something new is opening the word runs so fast in this little town!
( Like the Colonial caf? that just opened on Beller or others... everybody is fast to try the new things out! ) ;)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
But...

if there is actually not a spa right now it doesn?t seem like a good idea to suggest it to the person who started the thread looking for spas..
She?d probably like one that is in business.. ;)

andrea22

Apr 15, 2005
Spa in Playa Dorada Complex

There is a spa located on the 2nd floor of the Playa Dorada Plaza called Sunflower Spa. I went there a couple times while I was living in Puerto Plata this winter and their prices are very reasonable. They offer massages, facials, manicures, pedicures, hairdressing services, etc. There is also a massage place I went to a couple times at the Condado Hotel. The massage therapist is very good and she had a couple diplomas on the wall - which made me feel a bit better. Hope this helps.

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
carina said:
if there is actually not a spa right now it doesn?t seem like a good idea to suggest it to the person who started the thread looking for spas..
She?d probably like one that is in business.. ;)

What can I say. When I was there in November 04 it was in operation, brand new and very nice. In December the gal got married to a nice looking Brugal (a man not a bottle) and they decided to focus on being married, I guess. So when I was back this April, she was out of the spa business but the salon is still in operation. Hair and nails.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
MaineGirl said:
What can I say. When I was there in November 04 it was in operation, brand new and very nice. In December the gal got married to a nice looking Brugal (a man not a bottle) and they decided to focus on being married, I guess. So when I was back this April, she was out of the spa business but the salon is still in operation. Hair and nails.

Those things happens...
I just don?t think it helps the OP to suggest a spa that does not exist or that is not a spa, that?s all.
Same for everything, if you turn to the DR1 board and ask for a hotel advice
for example, you would prefer a hotel that actually is in business and so on...
;) ;)

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Follow the logic. At the time of the orginal post (February) I still believed it to be a fully functioning spa. At the time of the follow-up question I clarified.

:bandit: