Aventura To Perform In Dubai

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
WOW,
It certainly looks like Bachata continues braking grounds with Aventura
getting paid $150,000 to perform in a private party for a Russian in Dubai.

It looks like Bachata is going from plink plink plink to bling bling bling as Aventura holds the number 1 spot in the Russian charts.

This is a strong blow to the Merengue competition.
RIP Merengue.
http://www.listin.com.do/cuerpos/espectaculos/esp6.htm

Last edited:

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
here in toronto any club you go to they play aventura and radio stations have been playing "obsecion" in heavy rotation for weeks now.

ps. i wish i was Yeltsin's buddy when the privatization in russia was going on.

Sep 20, 2003
Liam, if you had been one of Yeltsin's buddies in the 90's and got fantastically wealthy, more than likely you would be:

Living in exile with most of your empire seized by Putin and the Russian government. The Media MOST former oligarch, is today exiled in Israeli with several other "minor" oligarchs.

Or perhaps in London,like ex- oligarch Berezorsky.

All these guys face constant extradition requests and numerous arrests, like Media MOST founder who was jailed in both Spain and Greece and had to fight long and expensive legal battles to avoid Russian "justice".

Or perhaps even bankrupt and rotting in prison like the FORMER Yukos oil owner Khardovsky.

Consider yourself lucky.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Mr_DR i apologize for going off topic here. i believe Khardovsky is in prison not because of his business affairs but because he had political aspiration and was publicly disagreeing with the new russian czar, mr. Putin. most of today's business owners in russia are product of the Yeltsin-era privatization and those smart enough to play to putin's tune are still free and doing very well for themselves. ;)

Last edited: