Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If you were going to start a small business in DR

If you were going to start a new business to make an average living in the rural areas outside of larger cities like Santiago what would be some of your ideas? I know this is a wide open question but some of you who have been living in the DR for a while probably see the possibilities. Or perhaps the chances of beginning small, needed businesses and succeeding or relatively small.
    Wondering...

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think you'll get many replies to this thread.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by liam1
    i don't think you'll get many replies to this thread.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It would depend on the area? What could be a better possibility is to make items or something that can be sold in the larger areas.

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why would we??

Now why would be suggest business ideas for someone else to take advantage of? We would do that ourselves wouldn't we or failing that, at least supply them to someone who is going to share with us!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Always had more ideas and suggestions than what I had time to carry out what I thought would work Planner... Check the forums, I think there must be many business thoughts or ideas from me floating around. My lifetimes are too short to carry all of them out. I'll share what I know is not in my immediate future to work with. What's an idea anyway -- it's cheap -- it takes guts, foresight, ability, tenacity, and an unwavering vision to carry it through.

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

You are absolutely right Chris. Most people do not have what it takes. I just hate to give away ideas to people I don't even know!

So,now I will do a search of your other threads Chris to see what you have suggested before......LOL

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

"when i was a young man, i had billion ideas but no dollars, today i have billions of dollars, but no ideas" - Warren Buffett
    Last edited by liam1; 02-07-2005 at 07:28 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher
    If you were going to start a new business to make an average living in the rural areas outside of larger cities like Santiago what would be some of your ideas? I know this is a wide open question but some of you who have been living in the DR for a while probably see the possibilities. Or perhaps the chances of beginning small, needed businesses and succeeding or relatively small.
    Wondering...
    What can you do well? What products do you really know about? What is it you love to do? And how much time can you buy with your money, seeing as a new business can take a few years to turn a profit? Who are your customers? (you've gotta know your customers first). The right business for you is more about you. Your skills, your ability to find products at a lower price than your competition.

Mr. Main Event
    Post Thanks / Like

You will have hard time competing with the locals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast