Sabana De La Mar

PENELOPEE

Sep 27, 2004
Does Anyone Know Anything About Sabana De La Mar. I'm Interested In Traveling There. Any Insights Will Be Very Helpfull.
Thanx

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Two Dog Rating

PENELOPE,

There is not much there other than the passenger only ferry to Samana and a transit location to get to Las Haitises National Park. I give it a two dog town rating.

Regards,
PJT

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Penelope, hold your horses, or better yet trot a little further down the coast (toward the East) and you will find the town of Mitches. I recommend visiting the mouth of the river Nisib?n, taking a dirt road between the rice fields between Redonda and Lim?n lagoons.

Mirador

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
There is a restaurant by the port -- from where the ferry leaves -- that serves delicious minutas (small fried fish), fresh cherry juice, and other Dominican delicacies.

About 20 minutes from Sabana de la Mar is the Ca?o Hondo hotel, that those who visit this area should at least stop by to have lunch. If you can, overnight there also, it is lovely -- bring sweaters cause can be chilly. Delicious Dominican food. Definitely worth a stopover. This is the place to stay when taking the Haitises excursion.