Meals in Sosua

trishdeyar

Oct 16, 2002
www.hiddenhilltop.com
Hi there

We're leaving this Saturday for Casa Marina Reef (finally!). Plan to be at Rocky's on Sunday but wondering if there are some other nice restaurants close to the resort we can check out. Also, what's an average amount in RD for a decent meal.

I'm trying really hard not to get too focused on the "illness" that seems to be circulating - I haven't heard much about the specific resort we're going to. I actually am thinking the more we stay outside the resort the better!

Thanks

Trish

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The Casa Marina is great :)

Unless you prefer to "hob knob with the hoitty toitty" you should enjoy the Casa Marina Reef (newer part) or Casa Marina Beach. The Casa Marina offers great value for the money. It is a 3 to 3.5 star and that is what you get. If you go with this expectations, you will have fun. While you are there, walk across the street from Reef reception and take in an evening softball game under the lights (bring drinks with you from the hotel!), in the day, take a walk to Playa Sosua, its less than 5 mins away...leave via the Reef turning right, walk until you see the Banco Popular, cross the street and turn left at White Horse Internet Cafe, walk to the next block (Playero) turn right again, cross the street and turn left at La Roca. You can shop til your hearts delight (be warned, the vendors are aggressive but you can make it fun) or just hang out for a while, rent a lounger, take a banana boat ride, enjoy a pina colada or an ice cold Presidente, or a great meal. Try as many restaurants as you can. There are so many. Most offer good food at reasonable prices. At night, start off with a varity show at the Reef, then more drinks at the Calypso. When your ready to really have some fun, head out to the disco's. There are some good ones within walking distance just down from PJ's. You'll love it. Don't worry, be Happy! Sosua is so much fun.
Have a great time.

trishdeyar

Oct 16, 2002
www.hiddenhilltop.com
Oh man!

Oh Nelly....I am so psyched to get down there! I truly hope we have a blast, meet TONS of folks and relax mucho!! We are the type that go with no expectation which makes whatever happens just great :) Thanks for the info...we'll be at Rocky's on Sun @ 6 pm for a get together!

Trish

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
trishdeyar said:
Oh Nelly....I am so psyched to get down there! I truly hope we have a blast, meet TONS of folks and relax mucho!! We are the type that go with no expectation which makes whatever happens just great :) Thanks for the info...we'll be at Rocky's on Sun @ 6 pm for a get together!

Trish

Hi Trish .... Will see you at Rocky's on Sunday. Have a safe journey here and I look forward to meeting you.

Sylvia (Chester4)

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
trishdeyar said:
Hi there

We're leaving this Saturday for Casa Marina Reef (finally!). Plan to be at Rocky's on Sunday but wondering if there are some other nice restaurants close to the resort we can check out. Also, what's an average amount in RD for a decent meal.

I'm trying really hard not to get too focused on the "illness" that seems to be circulating - I haven't heard much about the specific resort we're going to. I actually am thinking the more we stay outside the resort the better!

Thanks

Trish
Hi Trish ...... there are plenty of restaurants in Sosua ... La Roca, Square & Compass, Waterfront, Il Mulino, Bogeys etc.... great coffee shop. Will talk more when we meet at Rockys on Sunday.

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
Chester4 said:
Hi Trish ...... there are plenty of restaurants in Sosua ... La Roca, Square & Compass, Waterfront, Il Mulino, Bogeys etc.... great coffee shop. Will talk more when we meet at Rockys on Sunday.

I you want to have a terrific sandwich, do try a "Cuban sandwich" at Nativos. The also serve good cuban coffee and sells excellent cigars.
They're @ Pedro Clisante # 17-A.

trishdeyar

Oct 16, 2002
www.hiddenhilltop.com
Sylvia

Chester4 said:

I look forward to meeting you!

travelling

Feb 20, 2003
Sandwich Bar

Checkpoint, a friendly sandwich bar located in Beachway Plaza serves great sandwiches. Reasonable prices from 80-120 Pesos. Behind PJ's in the middle of the plaza, from 11-? Monday-Saturday. It is a circular bar run by two Canadians always ready to offer friendly advice on what to see and do in the area.