Banco Popular????

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
If you mean BPPR - Banco Popular de Puerto Rico, they have an office with BHD bank.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Or do you mean the one from Spain?

There can be some confusion between the Dominican Banco Popular, the Puerto Rican and the Spanish.

It seems all of them claim to the the popular one.

Jozee74

Sep 3, 2004
I need the one from D.R. I checked online and it puts me to the on BPPR. that is not the one I am looking for.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Jozee74 said:
I need the one from D.R. I checked online and it puts me to the on BPPR. that is not the one I am looking for.

There are a few handfull in very DR city.

Jozee74

Sep 3, 2004
I know this may seem strange, but I want to open an account with Banco Poopular in NYC and be able to deposit dollars in exchange to Pesos. is that at anyway possible?

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
Jozee74 said:
I know this may seem strange, but I want to open an account with Banco Poopular in NYC and be able to deposit dollars in exchange to Pesos. is that at anyway possible?

Be sure it's the Dominican Banco Popular. There is a Puerto Rican bank with the same name. The 2 are not affiliated.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
As far as I can tell from my research there are no Banco Popular Dominicanos in New York. If memory serves me correctly that is the Puerto Rican Banco Popular which is not connected to the one in the DR.

Here is the website for Banco Popular Dominicano
http://www.bpd.com.do/ingles/

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Not a problem----

Jozee74 said:

Contact BPD Bank
90 Broad St.
New, NY 10004
Telephone--212-506-0600
FAX ---212-785-3060

Ask for an English speaking Service person. Explain what you want to do and they will tell you how to do it.

I opened a US$ account here in Santiago for that very same purpose. To put my money in US$ in a Statside bank and draw it out in Pesos here without having to pay an arm and a leg.

Texas Bill