Hotels in Santiago

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Tropical:

Did you fix your e mail situation?
I walked all the way from STI airport to Gran Almirante!
Then I had to take a motoconcho from Santiago to Sosua.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
?????

Lechero said:
Tropical:

Did you fix your e mail situation?
I walked all the way from STI airport to Gran Almirante!
Then I had to take a motoconcho from Santiago to Sosua.
You walked 10 miles to Santiago then hopped a motoconcho another 40 miles???
Are you kidding us?

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
The only problem was my luggage kept sliding off driving up the mountain.
I may try a taxi next time!

It was well worth the effort for those ribs alone.
You should start bottling that secret Rocky's sauce.

tropical

Nov 20, 2004
www.facebook.com
You've got to be kidding!!!!

Did you get my email??

I was commenting this to another person the other day, I read your email an hour & a half after your arrival at the airport. I called the Gran Almirante 5 times that night to find out if you had checked in but they claimed they had no one by the name you put on your email & since I didn't have a last name it was even harder for them to check.

The next day I went to the hotel personally but still no luck. I even called the airlines to try to get a last name. The woman said they didn't give out passenger info but since she was amazed at the fact that I sounded worried she was going to give me the info but we didn't have a last name for you.

On my email here in DR1 I included my home# & cell# for confirmation purposes since email isn't always 100%.

Sorry for this mix up & I hope you won't hesitate to use us for your next trip.

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
My new tennis shoes came in handy!

Happy Fat Tuesday.

Please check your E mail.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
site is up but, no price looked 3 weeks ago . :cry: same thing now as we speak.so i would say it is not top notch?

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
I stayed there, it is equivalent to a **** Hotel in The States.
If you do not like their website, that's a great reason not to stay at a hotel!
Now go back under your rock.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Talk about doing it on the cheap!

Anyway, hotels.

Colonial, cheap, safe and quiet. Centrally located down town

Aloha Sol, slightly more, on main drag.
Alberto's Suites on Vicente Estrella en los Pepines. a bit noiser but cheap and safe. Couple of our "Pepple" have stay there and liked it.

Hotel Platino..glitzy and much more expensive (2x or 2x more!) located at the rear of a mall area, near the PUCMM and on the Estrella Sadhala ave but not near anything.--except PUCMM and the Price Smart.

Camp David Ranch--inexpensive, but a RD$150 taxi rid up there. greatest scenery in the DR. Great for lovers. Cooler, too.

HB:D:D

Dreamer799

Mar 25, 2005
Hotel Matun?

I am arriving in Santiago at 1AM and considering the Matun because of the nightlife there. Anybody know about what the Matun should cost and how much I should pay for a taxi from the airport?

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Dreamer799 said:
I am arriving in Santiago at 1AM and considering the Matun because of the nightlife there. Anybody know about what the Matun should cost and how much I should pay for a taxi from the airport?

I think the taxi ride is about 300-400 pesos. There is a posted sign. You are better off grabbing a cabana outside of the airport. Should be cheaper.