Delta to STI

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Delta to start JFK-STI service on may 1

Delta To Launch Service to Second Dominican Destination from JFK

Delta to begin service May 1 to Santiago, Dominican Republic ? the island?s second-largest city

NEW YORK, Feb. 7, 2005 ? New York customers will soon benefit from more service to the Dominican Republic with the addition of daily service to Santiago from New York?s John F. Kennedy International Airport, beginning May 1 (subject to government approval). This service is in addition to Delta?s daily flight from JFK to Santo Domingo.

Santiago is the second-largest Dominican city and the birthplace of the Merengue. Surrounded by some of the most fertile farmland in the country, it has long been a center for agricultural trade and boasts a population of nearly a million.

?We listened carefully to our customers in New York and the Dominican Republic, and are pleased to deliver new service to Santiago ? a key city for Dominicans,? said James Sarvis, director-Latin America and Caribbean. ?Delta?s flights from JFK to Santiago and Santo Domingo will provide an important and direct bridge for vacation and business travel.?

Delta?s schedule between New York-Kennedy and Santiago, effective May 1

Flight 307 departs New York-Kennedy at 6:20 a.m.
Arrives Santiago at 9:57 a.m.

Flight 314 departs Santiago at 11:20 a.m.
Arrives New York-Kennedy at 2:55 p.m.

Delta recently increased flights to popular destinations in Latin America and the Caribbean. On Dec. 1, the airline began a second daily flight to San Jos?, Costa Rica; and Sao Paulo, Brazil, and also re-launched service to Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Delta also recently began new service to Belize; St. Lucia, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; and added frequencies to the popular tourist destination of Liberia, Costa Rica. The airline has also announced new service to St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands from Atlanta, to Cancun from Salt Lake City and Atlanta, and to Los Cabos, Mexico, from Salt Lake City and Atlanta.

Song, Delta?s low-fare service, also inaugurated new service to Nassau, Bahamas, from New York?s Kennedy International Airport in December.

Terms and Conditions:
A portion of travel for some itineraries may be on SkyTeam partner AeroMexico.

Delta is the world?s second-largest airline in terms of passengers carried and the leading U.S. carrier across the Atlantic, offering daily flights to 492 destinations in 89 countries on Delta, Song, Delta Shuttle, the Delta Connection carriers and its worldwide partners. Delta's marketing alliances allow customers to earn and redeem frequent flier miles on more than 14,000 flights offered by SkyTeam and other partners. Delta is a founding member of SkyTeam, a global airline alliance that provides customers with extensive worldwide destinations, flights and services. For more information, please visit delta.com.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
If it will shut up the whiners about AA and their mystery cancellations I am all for it. Delta's track record for longevity to the DR is a bit suspect, did they ever get to SDQ?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I know I know...Another Delta to STI thread

I just checked flights on both AA.com and Delta.com and found a difference.

May 7 - May 15 298 on AA
May 7 - May 15 388 on Delta

I know I'll pay the extra 90 dollars to fly on Delta. Would you?

To me it seems that service at AA has been decaying lately. I am a huge AA fan. Never had a problem with them but I have started to notice things like the ones mentioned on this board. Things that I have never experienced with Delta. I'm hopeful that Delta will remain.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Well guys, now we are on services.
Sorry i dint have any computer to post the info first about this new services.

i was in argetina and chile.
Delta will start b757 ton jun 1st will be a b767-200.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Latino2002 said:
Well guys, now we are on services.
Sorry i dint have any computer to post the info first about this new services.

i was in argetina and chile.
Delta will start b757 ton jun 1st will be a b767-200.

Thanks for you help Latino2002. I think that they are going to use the 763 instead of a 762.

Jun 5, 2004
Just Right

El Tigre said:
I just checked flights on both AA.com and Delta.com and found a difference.

May 7 - May 15 298 on AA
May 7 - May 15 388 on Delta

I know I'll pay the extra 90 dollars to fly on Delta. Would you?

To me it seems that service at AA has been decaying lately. I am a huge AA fan. Never had a problem with them but I have started to notice things like the ones mentioned on this board. Things that I have never experienced with Delta. I'm hopeful that Delta will remain.

Its hard to believe for alot of people BUT I do like AA. That fare is like available trhough the entire year. But i found for this christmas coming up (900 years from now.) Delta is 388 while american is 624 make the calculations putting in the service and all that stuff.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Fares on Delta to STI

I know this question is not FAIR, but can anyone look into their cristalball and tell me what can we expect as far as FARES from Delta on the JFK-STI route.

Zeus (primus inter pares) :eek: