Access to the internet without ownership?

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
In Santiago is there a public library where an individual can use the internet free? Or are the only locations the internet cafes? The internet cafes, do they charge by the minute? If so, do you know the cost?
Thanks
I hear it is beautiful today there. It is gloomy but warmer than usual here for February.
Teacher

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
30 minute is about 20 pesos. Very reasonable. No...the library doen't have anything...not even a book that was published in the last 100 years.

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
Snuffy said:
30 minute is about 20 pesos. Very reasonable. No...the library doen't have anything...not even a book that was published in the last 100 years.
Thanks Snuffy. Sorry to hear about the library.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The PUCMM library has internet access

And the different internet cafes are quite reasonable.

And there are friends that will allow internet access, if asked.

HB :D:D:D

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Hillbilly,

Tell us more about PUCMM. What all is available there and who can use it? Do you have to be student to go on campus and use the library or other services?

Off Topic........But good information.........
I know about the swimming pool which is very nice. You can use the swimming pool Monday thru Thursday from 6:30PM to 8:00PM for 500 pesos per month. The time is short but you only need a good 20 minutes to get a good workout.

Also, they are going to teach my wife and daughter to swim for a very reasonable price.

There are actually two pools. Maybe three. One is a lap pool. I think I could swim one lap on that pool. The other is a square open pool. I think I may have seen a third pool toward the back.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Teacher: If you have a computer you can buy those Comunicard calling cards and you can use them to connect to the internet (dial-up). They are very reasonable.
If you don't own a computer you can go to an Internet cafe (I'm sure they have them in Santiago), which are very cheap...I use both ways when I'm in Cotui. Over there I pay about 30 pesos for an hour of high speed internet connectivity...

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
Hillbilly said:
And the different internet cafes are quite reasonable.

And there are friends that will allow internet access, if asked.

HB :D:D:D

I presume the PUCMM is a University in Santiago? You are kind.
Thanks Hillbilly.