Satellite!! How and where to get it in D.R

TorontoBlonde

Feb 10, 2005
Hi

My girlfriend and I are moving to D.R next week and I don't know if I can live with out my favorite T.V shows like American Idol, Desperate Housewives and The Simple Life!!!

I will be living in a long tern rental condo. I was wondering what others did for T.V????
1. Do the have satellite in D.R??
2. Where can you get it?
3. How much does it cost
4. Does it get the American programs??

Any help would be great. I really don't want to watch my DVD collection over and over again!!

Thanks

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I guess you have never been here?

Yes, some people have dishes, others cable.
We get most of the USA channels, all depends on what you got.

Use the search function, it's your friend :)

TorontoBlonde

Feb 10, 2005
Robert said:
I guess you have never been here?

Yes, some people have dishes, others cable.
We get most of the USA channels, all depends on what you got.

Use the search function, it's your friend :)

Thanks
I did a search and its not giving me the info I need??? I will be living in the Sosua Area. Where can I buy some sort of Satellite and is it costly??

thanks
TorontoBlonde

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Look in the "Archives"------

at the bottom of the initial page to these threads.

There are numerous---sometimes helpfl and sometimes not---threads on the subject.

I really don't know of a specific one right now, but many people here have dishes and pirated caards which will give you the services you want. Or, you can arrange for a connection in the States, pay the bill there and have your service here so long as you don't tell the service owner where you actually are. In other words, don't try for 'Pay-for-View' or any of those services.

Good luck!!!!

Texas Bill

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
If you are renting a condo are you not sure they have cable? I would think so. If you are coming from Canada, you will go nuts not hearing or reading any Canadian news or programmes!

I would assume (dangerous!!) that the development has it's own system. Something to check out.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Don't worry, you'll still be able to feed your addiction with others like Extreme Makeovers on Sundays and LOST on Wednesday...jejejje :nervous:

TorontoBlonde

Feb 10, 2005
juanita said:
Don't worry, you'll still be able to feed your addiction with others like Extreme Makeovers on Sundays and LOST on Wednesday...jejejje :nervous:

Thanks

I checked out the site but my spanish isn't that good yet so its a bit confusing. How do you get set up with cable?? And what are the approx price??

I think there is like a reality show for everyday. I'm about to watch The Apprentice!!

TorontoBlonde

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
:laugh:

juanita said:
"American Idol, Desperate Housewives and The Simple Life!!!"

We get all these on cable TV, so no need for Satellite! ;)
Just do a search for Telecable Nacional or http://www.telecable.com.do/bienvenido.htm

I am Toronto Blondes Roommate and and you may have just saved me half the satalite bill now that you've confirmed her shows are on Cable jejejejeje

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
TorontoBlonde said:
Thanks

I checked out the site but my spanish isn't that good yet so its a bit confusing. How do you get set up with cable?? And what are the approx price??

I think there is like a reality show for everyday. I'm about to watch The Apprentice!!

TorontoBlonde
Get settled in and have a look at what cable has to offer. In Sosua, 79 channels plus. Then ask your Q's. Maybe cable will be OK for you.

TorontoBlonde

Feb 10, 2005
Escott said:
Contact Chris on this board. Does Dishes for a living in Sosua.

Escott

Thanks for the info. I guess I will wait till I get there and compare cable vs satellite.

TorontoBlonde