Peso Certificates & Intereses Reinvertidos

Freemo

May 26, 2003
I would like to know how the Associacion Certificate system functions with specific reference to : Intereses Reinvertidos - Please excuse spelling - I'm confused, as there seems to be a monthly interest payment, then a Reinvertodos payment.

Can someone give me an example of say :

100,000 pesos with a rate of 19%

The interest after 1 month = 100,000 X 19% / 12 = 1583.33

Then there seems to be a calculation for the 'Reinvertido' part ?

If anyone could make it clear for me I'd be very grateful

Paul

hugoke01

Dec 31, 2004
Certificates

I do have several certificates at 20 and 16 %(pesos) and at 6% in USD ... I get the interests paid out every month and the interests go to my cuenta corriente .. (cuenta de ahorros ) which obviously gives you some interest too .. But since this is the 1st. time I hear about this "reinvertido calculation I?m interested as well to know what these means or does it refer to the interest you get on your "cuenta de ahorros "
Freemo said:
I would like to know how the Associacion Certificate system functions with specific reference to : Intereses Reinvertidos - Please excuse spelling - I'm confused, as there seems to be a monthly interest payment, then a Reinvertodos payment.

Can someone give me an example of say :

100,000 pesos with a rate of 19%

The interest after 1 month = 100,000 X 19% / 12 = 1583.33

Then there seems to be a calculation for the 'Reinvertido' part ?

If anyone could make it clear for me I'd be very grateful

Paul

Riu

Jun 11, 2004
hugoke01 said:
I do have several certificates at 20 and 16 %(pesos) and at 6% in USD ... I get the interests paid out every month and the interests go to my cuenta corriente .. (cuenta de ahorros ) which obviously gives you some interest too .. But since this is the 1st. time I hear about this "reinvertido calculation I?m interested as well to know what these means or does it refer to the interest you get on your "cuenta de ahorros "

If you don't mind posting where are you getting 6%? Is it a bank or other?

hugoke01

Dec 31, 2004
Where 6% or even more on USD

Via notary on loans to private people you get much more on USD .. ....between 10%and 15% or more per year obviously ..it's 100% official .. and if seriously investigated for guarantee the risk is low ; this is 2 years ago ..and it still continues ...at that time banks were given also 5 to 6 % on certificates in USD .all depending on the amount of the certificate (not on a 5 or 10,000 USD certificate) ...Today on personal loans via notary there seems to be much more demand on loans in pesos than in USD ..as per my notary ..he is from the Jarabacoa area : reality is that loans with a bank were at 35 to 42 % in pesos .. so if you stay under what banks offer people are interested ...don't forget that if you recieve let's say 10% or 15% your notary will loan at 18 or 20% the highest he can as he also makes money on it...therefore he better investigates in detail the guarantee (piece of land or a house etc...)so there is a need to have a good notary who clearly investigates the guarantee of the person who loans the money from you ..in case of non payment let's say during three or four months ...the guarantee let's say a piece of land will be publically and oficially sold and the first people getting paid are those people who loaned the money .. the interests retroactive and covering the period it took to sell the property will be paid as long as the guarantee is correctly investigated by your notary and there is enough money ..If you want your money back for personal reasons (all the sum )it might last 6 mths to one year ..You should give notice 6 monthe before
Riu said:
If you don't mind posting where are you getting 6%? Is it a bank or other?