Conserve bandwidth! Please read, all posters

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It seems that with the advent of our new server, some people insist on making the threads too long. Here is the general, courteous rule:

If you MUST cite a previous thread to make a point, please highlight and copy it, and then post it in your response.

Do not automatically click on "reply" .

Please use the Post Reply button instead. That way you don't have to go

All the way down here to see that I have said: "Please"

HB :D:D

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
See what I mean?

Hillbilly said:
It seems that with the advent of our new server, some people insist on making the threads too long. Here is the general, courteous rule:

If you MUST cite a previous thread to make a point, please highlight and copy it, and then post it in your response.

Isn't this silly?

And I am not, too, a curmudgeon!

HB :D

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hillbilly said:

You mean don't do this? :laugh:

I say/ write that all the time. I sometimes even edit them. Especially when we get a long long story and everyone after that has to "quote" the whole thing again.
Please use the left hand reply button NOT the one on the right hand side that is inside the post.

I still think we should go back to calling it the quote button and not reply
and for heaven sakes when you do have it front of you, you can back space and remove most of the quote and just address a part of the post or a sentence.

I know remove the right hand reply button and then people will have to copy paste a sentence or two.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
You mean don't do this? :laugh:

I say/ write that all the time. I sometimes even edit them. Especially when we get a long long story and everyone after that has to "quote" the whole thing again.
Please use the left hand reply button NOT the one on the right hand side that is inside the post.

I still think we should go back to calling it the quote button and not reply
and for heaven sakes when you do have it front of you, you can back space and remove most of the quote and just address a part of the post or a sentence.

I know remove the right hand reply button and then people will have to copy paste a sentence or two.

It's particularly pointless when you're quoting the previous post. Like I'm doing now. :cross-eye

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Hillbilly said:
Isn't this silly?

And I am not, too, a curmudgeon!

HB :D

curmudgeon

n : a crusty irascible cantankerous old person full of stubborn ideas

crusty?