Norwegian murdered in Puerto Plata

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Unfortunately, I am feeling violence on the upswing

This morning a friend of ours was shot in the chest as he opened his front door

They had sent the maid out for some juice at the corner. The bell rang and he thought it was the girl returning. He opened the door and BANG, a shot from a homemade "Chag?n" . His wife, right there on the stairs, saw everything. The guy said "If you don';t want to get killed too, get me the keys to your Jeepeta" He went with her upstairs, got the keys, locked her in the closet and left. The maid came home, saw the blood, heard the screams and together they called 911. He got to the clinic in time but is in very critical condition.

They live in the Cerros de Gurabo, a very up-scale neighborhood.

I'm betting the cops will catch them...

Meanwhile, when you knock at the HB Hovel, keep you hands in sight.

HB :(

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I'm rude..

Crime is getting worse here.

I never answer the front gate. If people bang I figure I won't understand them anyhow and I won't give any info on the others that live here. And if its a friend of mine they will be respectful and call me on the celular first. I never answer a whistle( I'm not a god) or a bang on the gate (my friends call first)

Now I feel smart that I chose to do this.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Hillbilly said:
This morning a friend of ours was shot in the chest as he opened his front door

They had sent the maid out for some juice at the corner. The bell rang and he thought it was the girl returning. He opened the door and BANG, a shot from a homemade "Chag?n" . His wife, right there on the stairs, saw everything. The guy said "If you don';t want to get killed too, get me the keys to your Jeepeta" He went with her upstairs, got the keys, locked her in the closet and left. The maid came home, saw the blood, heard the screams and together they called 911. He got to the clinic in time but is in very critical condition.

They live in the Cerros de Gurabo, a very up-scale neighborhood.

I'm betting the cops will catch them...

Meanwhile, when you knock at the HB Hovel, keep you hands in sight.

HB :(

The worst part is that they opened fire on the guy when he answered the door. I would think criminals want to have their way with the minimum amount of noise, that they usually intimidate people with their shotguns in order to paralize them with fear and get what they want and leave. But this case went beyond that. Things are really getting out of hand over there.
I saw in today's Hoy online that there was a demonstration by many against crime in Santiago. I think that more than anything else, effectively fighting crime should be the number one priority in the DR today.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Wish I could read Norwegian.........the case HB refers to is in several of the national papers, the victim being a well known & respected man, but I can't find any reference to the Norwegian in Dominican press yet. Am I correct in deducing this happened on the Malecon in Puerto Plata?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It was reported in Friday's El Nacional. It mentioned a drug connection.The report is not in the online version though.

LOPTKA

Feb 12, 2002
HB
Hope your friend makes it. Hopefully they will catch the guy and put him away forever. Kathy

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It was defenitly a Norwegian. It was also on the news on national television in Norway. Just watched it on web tv.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
I just read in El Nacional online edition, which Lambada posted, that police have arrested two men in Santiago as suspects in Mr. de Castro's shooting.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
juancarlos said:
I just read in El Nacional online edition, which Lambada posted, that police have arrested two men in Santiago as suspects in Mr. de Castro's shooting.

that's good news.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
HB, I am so sorry...thinking of you...we'll say a prayer. Hopefully your friend has a speedy recovery and they will find these creeps, hang them up, and throw away the key.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Tor said:
It was defenitly a Norwegian. It was also on the news on national television in Norway. Just watched it on web tv.

I wasn't doubting you for one moment Tor! What I was suggesting was that the DR press may have wrongly reported an 'Austrian'..........wouldn't be the first time! Did your Norwegian TV newscast say the perpetrators had been shot by police, by any chance?

And our prayers, too, are with Senor Castro.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Lambada said:
I wasn't doubting you for one moment Tor! What I was suggesting was that the DR press may have wrongly reported an 'Austrian'..........wouldn't be the first time! Did your Norwegian TV newscast say the perpetrators had been shot by police, by any chance?

And our prayers, too, are with Senor Castro.

No this was the newscast from friday.

Sep 20, 2003
Just curious.

Why was the Norwegian so "widely respected"? What is his background?

Was there really a "drug connection" involved in his murder? Was he involved in the drug trade?

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It was not reffered to that he was "widely respected" in the Norwegian media. Has that been quoted in the DR newspapers ?