Golf at Puerto Plata ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian-Diver

Jan 8, 2005
Can anyone help me out ? There is a golf course near Playa Dorado ( a Robert Trent Jones course ). Does anyone know how much it costs to play there ? I heard you need to hire a caddy. What are the green fees ? Can I rent a power cart ?

This course is along thr North Coast near Puerta Plata.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

CD

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you do a search under "green fees" I

am sure they will produce good results.

I do not know the current rates. I do know that if you join FEDOGOLF and play five or six rounds you save a lot of money and pay for the membership.

Try a Private Message to BushBaby , he is more up-to-date on things Puerto Plata.

I will ask him to look at this thread tomorrow, if it has not be sufficiently cleared up by then.Another that can help you is RandyE, he played there a week or so ago. Shot an 82!

Of course you are welcome to come down to Santaigo and try the Pete Dye course...nasty little track..Let me know.

HB :D:D

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hillbilly said:
Try a Private Message to BushBaby , he is more up-to-date on things Puerto Plata.
Better still, look for the post by Bok "Free Golf" which was posted about two or three weeks ago. Bo laid everything out in that thread AND the thread on "FedoGolf"

Hillbilly said:
Another that can help you is RandyE, he played there a week or so ago. Shot an 82!
So he SAYS!!!! How can one believe a man that thanks you for the game & Beats the living daylights out of you??

Hillbilly said:
Of course you are welcome to come down to Santaigo and try the Pete Dye course...nasty little track..Let me know.
HB :D:D
I've got a FULLER & more colourful (mainly BLUE) description for it. I'll give it another try tomorrow & if I can't beat 95 I'll give it up & concentrate on drinking their bar dry!! ~ Grahame.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Green fees are $65US for 18, caddies $15. Pay in pesos and a little cheaper- caddies $400p (13.40US @28.95). With Fedogolf card was $911p, about $31bucks. Not sure about cart fees as I walk, but they are readily available. Only 1 caddie per cart is neccessary. Prices and exchange rate as of 2/05/05.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Reduced rate

RandyE said:
Green fees are $65US for 18, caddies $15. Pay in pesos and a little cheaper- caddies $400p (13.40US @28.95). With Fedogolf card was $911p, about $31bucks. Not sure about cart fees as I walk, but they are readily available. Only 1 caddie per cart is neccessary. Prices and exchange rate as of 2/05/05.

Played there two weeks ago and while I was there the green fees were reduced to $45 because they were so wet.
(needed an extra 2 bux to get all the mud off my shoes)

Barry

Jun 28, 2003
RandyE said:

The cart fee is 15 US - I never took a cart, I prefer to walk with a caddy.

The caddies are no longer mandatory - so .. alot of people were riding w/o a caddy and the course took more time to play a round than usual. (strict 90 degree rules in effect)

I also was there when it was wet and the greens fee was 45.

I tried to get a FEDOGolf card about 6 months ago but no one answered my EMAIL. Is calling the best way as the green fees in the DR have definately gone up ? (but are still the cheapest in the carrribean)

Canadian-Diver

Jan 8, 2005
Thanks everyone

Thank you everyone..... This information is great.... You answered all my questions.

Cheers...

CD

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Yep

Fax# 809-338-1008. Had the same problem, my server won't recognize POP3. Grahame called for me and I took care of everything by fax. Cost is $5000p for the year ($166US). At a savings of $35 a round plus free one at Santiago and discounts there, PLUS was allowed to get same fee for my bro-in-law, saved almost $300 in my 10 day stay!! MANY free rounds for those of you who vacation "off season" (Apr-Oct). Teeth of Dog, Cocotal, Dye Fore, Links, Metro, Playa Dorado and Playa Grande- if your a golf nut get this card.

Barry

Jun 28, 2003
Thanks for the info - If I run into you in the DR maybe we can get a skins or wolf game going. Of course after shooting an 82 you'll be giving.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Just wondering if the card is transferable ? If so anyone that does not have one and would like to wait till sometime in May I would be glad to give it to them and enjoy the rest of the year. ;)

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Barry, low round at PD was an 80, high an 88 from Blue/white. Santiago 82 and a ???. Easy- not transferable, you name is on the card. ALTHOUGH, as they say all gringo's look alike, how do you tell one tourist from another??

Status
Not open for further replies.