Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moving from Florida to DR

Hi Everyone... this is my first thread. My husband and daughter are moving over to the DR in a couple of months. I have never been out of the country and do not speak spanish. I am very excited and very nervous, any tips for me? Also... I am a sales Director for Mary Kay Cosmetics and would love to continue my business over there. Any advise? Thanks

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the message board and--soon--the Dominican Republic. Where will you be living? For tips, you should spend time with the archives, there is a tremendous amount of information available. Use the search tool to make use of it.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Welcome to the message board and--soon--the Dominican Republic. Where will you be living? For tips, you should spend time with the archives, there is a tremendous amount of information available. Use the search tool to make use of it.
    Thanks for the reply so fast! We are looking to live in either the Metro Country Club outside of Santo Domingo or inside the city. Do you know of any great private schools near either?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome to the DR

Near Metro I do not think that thee is much for your children. In Santo Domingo there is oodles and oodles of good schools.

As far as Mary Kay, they have idstributors hee and the products are very well known.

HB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly
    Near Metro I do not think that thee is much for your children. In Santo Domingo there is oodles and oodles of good schools.

As far as Mary Kay, they have idstributors hee and the products are very well known.

HB
    Thank you for your insite for Mary Kay... I was very nervous about whether they sold there. I know that Avon is there but I did not know how it compared proce wise to Mary Kay. Have you met Mary Kay reps before?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellyvalles
    Hi Everyone... this is my first thread. My husband and daughter are moving over to the DR in a couple of months. I have never been out of the country and do not speak spanish. I am very excited and very nervous, any tips for me? Also... I am a sales Director for Mary Kay Cosmetics and would love to continue my business over there. Any advise? Thanks
    Why would you want to move from beautiful Miami to chaotic DR?
    Don't do it. Think it over a little bit longer. Plus you are already close enough.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are you in Florida?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kellyvalles, welcome to the board. Santo Domingo is different and sometimes challenging. My Mom lives in Miami and would never leave to live here in santo Domingo, but she's 84 years old, and a little set in her ways. I've been here 6 months now with my wife and 2 kids, and can honestly say it's a great experience for all of us. Things are progressing more quickly than we imagined and my Spanish is coming slow but steady. When you get down here, us Santo domingo DR1ers get together often and my kids are always on the lookout for new english speaking friends. Tell us a little more about yourself. Why are you making the move? How old is your daughter? Good luck, the move is probably the first major difficulty you will experience, but once you settle that one, it gets easier, with lots of ups and downs in the first few months. Keep posting, asking questions, reading old threads,look forward to meeting you when you get here. My wife enjoys your product line, and will definetly be a good customer. Networking and personal contacts are so crucial to doing business down here, as anywhere I suppose, but crucial in the DR.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_DR
    Why would you want to move from beautiful Miami to chaotic DR?
    Don't do it. Think it over a little bit longer. Plus you are already close enough.

Are you for real or being sarcastic? Isn't it beautiful DR and Chaotic Miami?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naufrago
    Hi Kellyvalles, welcome to the board. Santo Domingo is different and sometimes challenging. My Mom lives in Miami and would never leave to live here in santo Domingo, but she's 84 years old, and a little set in her ways. I've been here 6 months now with my wife and 2 kids, and can honestly say it's a great experience for all of us. Things are progressing more quickly than we imagined and my Spanish is coming slow but steady. When you get down here, us Santo domingo DR1ers get together often and my kids are always on the lookout for new english speaking friends. Tell us a little more about yourself. Why are you making the move? How old is your daughter? Good luck, the move is probably the first major difficulty you will experience, but once you settle that one, it gets easier, with lots of ups and downs in the first few months. Keep posting, asking questions, reading old threads,look forward to meeting you when you get here. My wife enjoys your product line, and will definetly be a good customer. Networking and personal contacts are so crucial to doing business down here, as anywhere I suppose, but crucial in the DR.
    Thank you so much for the thread! What brought you and your family to the DR and from where? We are moving for my husbands business venture. I have a daughter who is 9 years old. We are also looking at either Santa Domingo or just out side of it. Where do your kids go to school? We are coming to SD on Tuesday and looking for schools. One of my biggest issues of the move. We would love to get together as any friends during a move is great! I would also love to be your wife's beauty consultant when I get in the Dr. By the way if she needs anything I would be more than happy to bring it with me when we come down.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast