Mary Kay Cosmetics coming to DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoGirl

Jan 30, 2005
I am a Mary Kay Cosmetics Sales Director coming to DR in a couple of months... Do you know what woman do for cosmetics down there? Know of any prices or brands down there? i.e. facial cleansers, moisturizers etc? I know all of you DR1ers are very knowledgeable about pretty much everything down there. I would appreciate any thing you can share with me! Looking forward to a reply! ;)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
kellyvalles said:
I am a Mary Kay Cosmetics Sales Director coming to DR in a couple of months... Do you know what woman do for cosmetics down there? Know of any prices or brands down there? i.e. facial cleansers, moisturizers etc? I know all of you DR1ers are very knowledgeable about pretty much everything down there. I would appreciate any thing you can share with me! Looking forward to a reply! ;)

Mary Kay Cosmetics were sold here several years ago. Do?a Aida Kaluche, mother of today president of the Hotel & Restaurant Association, was one of the leading vendors.

There is a large selection of international brands sold here. Visit Prestige, a cosmetics shop in Plaza Central, also the large shops malls. No scarcity of cosmetics here.

naksu

Aug 28, 2002
I for one would be very interestd to get some quality cosmetics ;)

Generally....I've got the idea that the Dominican women love to spend on cosmetics and haircare.....atleast the ones who are able to. The women living in my neighbourhood order Avon and some other cosmetics (can't remember the names, I think one is called Zafra).

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Ladies if you're interested

My sister is a supervisor in New York for Estee Lauder at their plant in Melville. She has been with them for 32 years and if anyone is interested I will be their April then traveling to the DR , and I can get all products at 50% retail cost. Including Clinique , Tommy, or any of their other products. So if you would like something let me know I can bring it with me to the DR. ;)

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
Which part are you coming to?

kellyvalles said:

I'm in the POP area, and have been a Mary Kay customer for YEARS. I would love to be able to get the stuff here instead of having to ship it over from the States, so if you're going to be here with stock, and you're on the North Coast as opposed to Santo Domingo or Santiago, I'd be interested.

ColoradoGirl

Jan 30, 2005
DogsRule said:
I'm in the POP area, and have been a Mary Kay customer for YEARS. I would love to be able to get the stuff here instead of having to ship it over from the States, so if you're going to be here with stock, and you're on the North Coast as opposed to Santo Domingo or Santiago, I'd be interested.

Hi there!

My husband has a large farm in Luperon area and we will be there next week!

Last edited by a moderator:

ColoradoGirl

Jan 30, 2005
Criss Colon said:
You begin to advertise for customers,and post your website on their board!

OOps sorry I'm a newbie didn't know the rules. If any one has any questions please PM me.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Can you Imagine?

DogsRule said:

I can just Imagine the Pink Cadillac's driving along the Malecon........I can't wait.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
easygoin said:
My sister is a supervisor in New York for Estee Lauder at their plant in Melville. She has been with them for 32 years and if anyone is interested I will be their April then traveling to the DR , and I can get all products at 50% retail cost. Including Clinique , Tommy, or any of their other products. So if you would like something let me know I can bring it with me to the DR. ;)

I LOVE Estee Lauder - where do you live? I will be in Sosua in April (6-20, I believe), and would love to buy some from you. My e-mail is tburgos@shaw.ca. Thanks!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
In reply to the OP, the women of the DR love AVON. When I have time, a Sosua friend and I are going to discuss her being a vendor and me a supplier for this reason.

ColoradoGirl

Jan 30, 2005
Mary Kay as opposed to the rest

Avon is a fair product, but what is so wonderful about Mary Kay is that we specialize in skin care, not "trinkets." Mary Kay has been the no. 1 best selling skin care and color cosmetics brand for the past 11 consecutive years running, over all the big names and retail brands. AND all of the Mary Kay products are 100% FDA approved with a 100% money back guarantee! Yeah! Not knocking any other brand, we are just so proud of our product, that we wanted to share with everyone who may not know too much about Mary Kay.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Snuffy said:
Which brand was the one that was found to contain mercury in some of its products?
snuffy, don't really know about that, but I can guarantee you it was not Lauder for sure. They own over 70 % of the cosmetic and perfume market in the world and are still to getting bigger every day. ;)

ColoradoGirl

Jan 30, 2005
In reply to Mary Kay products

Thank you so much for all of your interest in the Mary Kay product line. Mary Kay has been the no. 1 best selling brand in skin care and color cosmetics for the past 11 consecutive years. We do not use lead or mercury in any of our products. All of our products are 100% FDA approved. If you would like to PM me, I will give you a phone number to call. Just curious, although I do think Estee Lauder is a great brand, I would love to know (for my own behalf) where to find info regarding the company owning 70% of the market. Thank you for your input.

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
Brands with Mercury

Snuffy said:
Which brand was the one that was found to contain mercury in some of its products?

A recent press release from New York City Health Dept identifies several skin creams made in DR, Hong Kong and China that contain toxic levels of mercury.

From what I've been able to read on the internet, the use of Mercury in U.S. cosmetics is severely restricted by FDA.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
its a decent product

kellyvalles said:
Avon is a fair product, but what is so wonderful about Mary Kay is that we specialize in skin care, not "trinkets." Mary Kay has been the no. 1 best selling skin care and color cosmetics brand for the past 11 consecutive years running, over all the big names and retail brands. AND all of the Mary Kay products are 100% FDA approved with a 100% money back guarantee! Yeah! Not knocking any other brand, we are just so proud of our product, that we wanted to share with everyone who may not know too much about Mary Kay.
THE reason why it is #1 seller is because it's for the average person that can afford something decent,and Sales people on the road. Quality its average that's about it. If you were to compare it to say Clinique that would be a Joke. But be fair about it it does not cost as much, but if you would want quality it would not be Mary Kay. ;)

hc7

Nov 9, 2004
Re: Mary Kay

As a retired marketing research & development professional, I can assure you that Mary Kay is indeed the no. 1 brand in its category. As far as Estee Lauder owning 70% of the market, perhaps that may be due to the company's acquisitions, and not sales growth. Just food for thoughts for you ladies!

ColoradoGirl

Jan 30, 2005
Don't be fooled!

I would just like to make one statement. An expensive product does not mean it's a quality product!!! Because Mary Kay is available only through direct sales, what others may perceive we lack in advertising and overhead expenses, we make up in quality. Don't be disillusioned by fancy retail over-the-counter sales in a strip mall or shopping center. Mary Kay prefers to put its money in a scientific team that researches the results of the products, rather than in costly advertising!

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Let's get to the facts

kellyvalles said:
I would just like to make one statement. An expensive product does not mean it's a quality product!!! Because Mary Kay is available only through direct sales, what others may perceive we lack in advertising and overhead expenses, we make up in quality. Don't be disillusioned by fancy retail over-the-counter sales in a strip mall or shopping center. Mary Kay prefers to put its money in a scientific team that researches the results of the products, rather than in costly advertising!
1 Clinique is by far a better product.
2 Mary Kay pays on commission due to your sale volume from parties or get-togethers. So no sale you go hungry,just like avon.
3 so in essence you are their marketing tool , not so much the product but the salesperson. And I've seen many that can sell ice water in hell, and that's what they count on.
4 as for research they're researching where to find better salespeople.
5 quality products in any industry are sought by the buyer. Not salespeople coming to you.if its good quality they will search for it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.