Wardrobe to bring

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Just wondering what temperature it will be in April and what to bring for going golfing in the day, and going out to places at night like restaurants and nightclubs? do most people wear suits or nice dress pants and shirt.Thanks ;)

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
In april it will hopefully be a lot warmer than it has been the last time here on the northcoast. But to answeer the questions, you have to tell where you are going.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Tor said:
In april it will hopefully be a lot warmer than it has been the last time here on the northcoast. But to answeer the questions, you have to tell where you are going.
I'm going to be going to Santiago, and I just don't wanna look out of place as far as dress code for the area. I know from the posts that they are a very high class of educated people there so it would be nice if I knew how to dress accordingly for differing events and so on. It's obvious that they'll know I'm a gringo ,especially when I'm buying drinks :nervous: but I would still like to look nice for myself and not feel out of place. Thanks tor for you or anyone help. ;)

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
The main thing you want to avoid in a non-tourist area (ie Santiego) is shorts. Look around, and you will almost never see Dominicanos wearing them, no matter how hot it is, even in PP or Sosua. In addition, they are not permitted at a number of the historical sites, and in many clubs or discos. Either dress pants or nice dockers style with a tasteful collared shirt and dress shoes is typical evening wear at all but the most exclusive places. If you have a nice tropical blend suit or 2 to bring, you will not be overdressed in the evenings, but it's not necessary.

easygoin said:
I'm going to be going to Santiago, and I just don't wanna look out of place as far as dress code for the area. I know from the posts that they are a very high class of educated people there so it would be nice if I knew how to dress accordingly for differing events and so on. It's obvious that they'll know I'm a gringo ,especially when I'm buying drinks :nervous: but I would still like to look nice for myself and not feel out of place. Thanks tor for you or anyone help. ;)

In Santiago shorts are definately out in the evening, A pair of slacks and a colared shirt will do fine in most settings even a nice pair of jeans and decent polo shirt will be fine, just negative on the shorts.
Badpiece