I need some advice about Sankies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoBlonde

Feb 10, 2005
I have been to D.R many times and have had different men each time. I have never bought or sent any of them anything. The last time I was there (Sept 2004 in Sosua) I met a guy who I really hit it off with. He is not a resort worker. He works with his dad at his dads shop. My friend and I did pay for him and his friends drinks at the disco. They never asked we offered. It was pennys anyways. A bottle of Brugal Rum and a couple bottles of Coke could keep everyone intoxicated all night!!

He never asked for anything or money. His english was not that good as the 2 weeks progressed it did get better as we spent alot of time together. So when I went home I did send him money for school each month about $20-$30 CDN. His english has improved alot.

Now i'm going back to D.R (Sosua) with my girlfriend to live for at least a year. (We needed to do somethingwild and crazy before we get too old) And he is picking me up from the airport. I did bring him a couple of things back from Canada. ( A NY Yankies Cap,a pair of Michael Jordan basketball shorts and a bottle of Tommy Boy Cologne) I never thought he was a Sankie but after reading all these posts it makes me put my guard up. I am a Canadian girl 24 yrs old. Not to sound full of myself but I know i'm not ugly. I do modeling here and keep my body very fit. Here in Toronto I have no problem with men and can pick and choose who I want. So my question is how do I know if he is a Sankie or has Sankie tendencys??? Also how do you know when you find a genuine man here in D.R??

Please Help
TorontoBlonde

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
You have my curiousities peaked, being a Sosua-lover myself. I sent you a PM.

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
TorontoBlonde said:
I have been to D.R many times and have had different men each time...I am a Canadian girl 24 yrs old. Not to sound full of myself but I know i'm not ugly. I do modeling here and keep my body very fit... So my question is how do I know if he is a Sankie ??? Also how do you know when you find a genuine man here in D.R??

You're a model? You're buying the drinks? You send him money? And now you want to know if he's a genuine man? Yeah he's a man for sure, but what is it that you want to know? This is a guy who simply knows a good thing when he sees it! I wouldn't judge him beyond that without any further information.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Toronto Blonde,

I think that it is hard to tell for us if this guy is a Sankie? Are you planning on living with him when you get down there? What are you and your friend doing for work. Anyways, your guy doesn't really sound like a sankie yet, but I think in time you will see the true side of him. Best of luck to you. Let us know how it turns out.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
You mentioned that this guy works with his dad in their shop? You also said that you send him like $30 every month for him to study english. If he works and his dad owns his own shop. That is not your responsability, if he works he should pay for his own education or atleast his father should pay for it. If he likes you and you hit ot off, then he should not accept any money from you. Let alone you are bringing him the ultimate gifts that cost their lots of $$$. By the sound of it he asked for theses things, you did not think of it. All dominicans are obsessed with the yankees and Air lordan stuff. And when you are there do you want to be paying for his drinks. I mean you should find a man that can support himself. You should not be supporting him especially if he works. I mean do you buy the boys back in toronto Tommy cologne and Jordan merchandise and stuff like that? Do you pay for his tuition? Do you buy his drinks in clubs?. Women should not be supporting men, I mean he is not raising kids for you or doing cleaning around for you. Just think for a second. I don't want to say he is a sankie. But only sankies and poor people ask for gifts and accept money from women. And he is not poor, you said he works in his daddy'd shop. Go and find your self a guy who will not live of you and accept money. Find a guy who can atleast cover his own As*. Good luck.

Koko68

Feb 9, 2005
I agree with Stallion. You're already doing things for this guy that you wouldn't do for a guy in North America. Someone in the thread called "North American men v.s Sankies" made a good comment. You should be with some one that is equal to you. You make X amount he also make X amount. You don't want to send the wrong message to start off with and have this guy thinking that he can live off of you. Cause that's a hard habbit to break.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
See what I mean!

TorontoBlonde said:
My friend and I did pay for him and his friends drinks at the disco. They never asked we offered. It was pennys anyways. A bottle of Brugal Rum and a couple bottles of Coke could keep everyone intoxicated all night!!

So when I went home I did send him money for school each month about $20-$30 CDN. His english has improved alot.

I did bring him a couple of things back from Canada. ( A NY Yankies Cap,a pair of Michael Jordan basketball shorts and a bottle of Tommy Boy Cologne)
Also how do you know when you find a genuine man here in D.R??
TorontoBlonde
See, this is why I "blow my top" sometimes and then get critiqued by some members for doing so.

This is the exact example of someone on "her way to be victimized" by a sankie and the sad part is that she is the one helping him "perfect his trade/profession".

Why in hell do you have to help ANYBODY with their schooling if that person has a job?. A man that takes money from a female is not a man, and please, spare me the "he is poor" bull crap. There are many orphans in the DR that need help more than a CHARLATAN that works at his father's store.

Why bring him expensive clothing/gifts?. YOU are making him to depend on you and soon I will see you bringing a whole bunch of luggages full of things for him. Do you treat the guys that you just met the same, in Canada. If you are such a giving person, bring him a gift and many gifts to the poor in the DR.

Of course that he is a sankie. A true man would never take ANYTHING from a female.

I am sorry ladies but now you see why so many members are so hard on females from Canada. I am not one of them but this is a person that is not helping your cause.

Before some of you guys come down on me, remember that she is 24 and she should know right from wrong and she should know that a man is someone that takes care of you and not advantage of you.

I will say it until I am "blue on the face": LADIES, IF A MAN ASKS/HINTS YOU FOR MONEY OR THINGS, RUNNNNN LIKE HELL.

I need another fricking vacation from this site!!!!!!!!!.

Last edited:

project9

May 29, 2004
I got to admit that some guys are very lucky, specially this one ... canadians who have seen your work (modelling) will agree with me too. Can you pm me his contact information, i would like to know how to get a Canadian model to send me money and bring me stuff when she comes to the country. I've gone out with dominican models but it's kinda harder on this side of the globe, i have to pay for the drinks when we go out and if things "go well" i would be the one buying gifts some months later.

Canadian women have to be the best women in the world.

You want to know if he is a sankie? Just stop sending him money and explain to him you want to have a traditional relationship where the man takes the woman out and spends money on the woman not vice versa. Just wait to see if he is still around then, I would venture to guess not!!! In closing enjoy your Sankie, I mean Boyfriend.
Badpiece

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
TorontoBlonde said:
I am a Canadian girl 24 yrs old. Not to sound full of myself but I know i'm not ugly. I do modeling here and keep my body very fit. Here in Toronto I have no problem with men and can pick and choose who I want.

TorontoBlonde
Thats why I have so little respect for some north american women. They are not only dumb but trashy in nature. She claims to be a model, beautiful and young. She can have any guy she wants etc etc. So folks, what does she goes for? A loser who is pennyless and has education equivalent to the level of 3rd grade (canadian). I bet he can't read or write well even in spanish (forget english). His father probably owns a colmado or some other low end business. he probably lives in a barrio.
So lets see this again, she can have any guy she wants in canada but whom she is falling in love with? A total loser.
The only thing this guy has is the following: he dances well, he is black and wears big size shoes. Nothing else matters to these women.
Now you could be an elegantly classy educated successful black canadian or american, but does that interest her?
My point is this: more and more girls are leaning towards the trash of the society. DR is full of decent handsome men who wouldn't stoop so low as to accept money from girls but these girls simply don't feel comfortable with them. They love the ghetto trashy men who are more closer to them in nature then a classy one.
AZB

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
:)

Well I had a whole post prepared because I personally know much more then what Toronto Bolonde put in her post about her situation that I think would clarify some things about her boyfriend.

BUT

The comment about north american "trashy" women I find insulting, cause me to delete what I had written!!!!

I am not going to reply on threads that go this way anymore - You can say your piece without the racial remarks

TB had qustions - she didnt come on here to be insulted and lumped in the class you have created for "North American Trash Women"

I thought AZB had called a truce ----- Speaking as a Candian women who is tired of these types of remarks,,,, I just wont participate

TB if you need advice call Dr. Phil

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
cjewell said:
I thought AZB had called a truce ----- Speaking as a Candian women who is tired of these types of remarks,,,, I just wont participate
TB if you need advice call Dr. Phil
Hey, give me a break. Don't expect me to become a saint in one day. I am working on my writing skills. I said, i will tone down my retoric but not completey stop in one day. Its like a long train, has to come to a complete stop slowly and over some distance. give me time and I will show you all that I am a new improved AZB.
Happy st. valentines day.
AZB

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
:)

AZB said:
Hey, give me a break. Don't expect me to become a saint in one day. I am working on my writing skills. I said, i will tone down my retoric but not completey stop in one day. Its like a long train, has to come to a complete stop slowly and over some distance. give me time and I will show you all that I am a new improved AZB.
Happy st. valentines day.
AZB

jejejejejejeje

TorontoBlonde

Feb 10, 2005
No I have made it very clear he has to live with his family and and continue to work. It will be like a normal realtionship taht I would have in North America. I see him a few nights a week but I do my own thing as well. Are whole purpose of our trip was not to come down here for the D.R men but to travel, have fun and to get away from the crazy never ending North American rat race.

stormer said:
Toronto Blonde,

I think that it is hard to tell for us if this guy is a Sankie? Are you planning on living with him when you get down there? What are you and your friend doing for work. Anyways, your guy doesn't really sound like a sankie yet, but I think in time you will see the true side of him. Best of luck to you. Let us know how it turns out.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Before you start with the "fat Canadian girl jokes" (Escott), not that TB has anything to prove, but I was curious about the boyfriend, to see if I know him - she sent me pics, and she could double for Pamela Lee. So don't even go there. AZB, your jaw would drop to the floor. That's as far as I'll take this one for now. She's a nice girl, be gentle, guys!

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
yes but....

stallion said:
You mentioned that this guy works with his dad in their shop? You also said that you send him like $30 every month for him to study english. If he works and his dad owns his own shop. That is not your responsability, if he works he should pay for his own education or atleast his father should pay for it. If he likes you and you hit ot off, then he should not accept any money from you. Let alone you are bringing him the ultimate gifts that cost their lots of $$$. By the sound of it he asked for theses things, you did not think of it. All dominicans are obsessed with the yankees and Air lordan stuff. And when you are there do you want to be paying for his drinks. I mean you should find a man that can support himself. You should not be supporting him especially if he works. I mean do you buy the boys back in toronto Tommy cologne and Jordan merchandise and stuff like that? Do you pay for his tuition? Do you buy his drinks in clubs?. Women should not be supporting men, I mean he is not raising kids for you or doing cleaning around for you. Just think for a second. I don't want to say he is a sankie. But only sankies and poor people ask for gifts and accept money from women. And he is not poor, you said he works in his daddy'd shop. Go and find your self a guy who will not live of you and accept money. Find a guy who can atleast cover his own As*. Good luck.
Although I understand what you are saying I don't know any man from a third world country that wouldn't except money if it was offered....just because his dad owns a shop doesn't mean that they make alot of money, I mean hell if someone offers to give me money, I probabley wouldn't say no either.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Is anyone else tired of the women saying they are not fat or ugly and can get dates in their own country. I have yet to see someone post that they are fat and ugly and can not get a date no matter what.

Ladies - just because you are pretty, petite/voluptous, book smart and/or have street smarts (in your mind) does not make you immune to being played/getting caught up with a sanky. Get over yourself if you think it is only the women are not in your or society's mind "beautiful" that get played. You can get played too. and truthfully I have seen more "beautiful" women fall harder and get more messed up by a man than the other women.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
AZB I take that to offence

AZB said:
Thats why I have so little respect for some north american women. They are not only dumb but trashy in nature. She claims to be a model, beautiful and young. She can have any guy she wants etc etc. So folks, what does she goes for? A loser who is pennyless and has education equivalent to the level of 3rd grade (canadian). I bet he can't read or write well even in spanish (forget english). His father probably owns a colmado or some other low end business. he probably lives in a barrio.
So lets see this again, she can have any guy she wants in canada but whom she is falling in love with? A total loser.
The only thing this guy has is the following: he dances well, he is black and wears big size shoes. Nothing else matters to these women.
Now you could be an elegantly classy educated successful black canadian or american, but does that interest her?
My point is this: more and more girls are leaning towards the trash of the society. DR is full of decent handsome men who wouldn't stoop so low as to accept money from girls but these girls simply don't feel comfortable with them. They love the ghetto trashy men who are more closer to them in nature then a classy one.
AZB
I too am a canadian woman from an uperscale neighbour hood, and I have had the oppertunity to date many canadian men, infact before my current boyfriend i was asked out by a 21 year old who has more money then he knows what to do with. But to be honest I found it completely boring. Hence why I am with my current boyfriend. He is my complete opposite, his family has not alot of money he was raised by his grandmother ect. But he works his *** off for everything he has, and yes i did give him a gift the second time i went to see him (he is mexican) but he also bought me things. and a 15 dollars touque for dancing break dance which is almost impossible to buy in the cancun area isn't really what i would consider going out of my way. I don't know how you get trashy out of that, and I think you owe "North american women" as you call it an appology. And my boyfriend yes he does dance well but hes one of the only people that I have ever met who doesn't drive me crazy.......I could spend months in a room with him and not want to murder him

Status
Not open for further replies.