can you bring a goofy palm hat back to the US?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
is it ok to take one of those goofy hand woven palm leaf hats back to the US???? something i would NEVER wear there....but i just think it will make a nice wall ornament....and am thinking buying one for my apt sitter.

I think i asked this a long time ago...and i believe the answer is yes. will someone please confirm tho???? I am taking an extra bag to bring back my brugal....2 goofy grass hats...and some local art work :)

I Just would hate to buy them and not be able to bring them back home......and what is a fair price for a gringo looking guy who can haggle in spanish?

stupid question...i know.....i am just trying to come up with gift ideas....and i kinda like this one.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The worst that will happen is that customs will confiscate it for bringing plant life into the country. My guess is that they will only do that if its still green.

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
and be careful with the artwork...somtimes it cracks really badly if it's rolled up...since it's usually painted on puieces of fabric, bedsheets, etc etc.....
Bring lots of beach towels to roll the brugal in - I have never had a casualty yet!!!
Have a great time.