My scary DR experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ella

Jul 30, 2003
I've posted here before about going to the DR, having fun and not getting caught up in the love. Well this post is a bit different and I want all you girls out there to read this carefully.

I returned to Punta Cana in January and stayed at an AI resort...had a great time with my girlfriends and had fun with all the attention we were getting. I never ever have vacation flings; I'll flirt back but never insinuate anything more than innocent fun.

One night my girlfriends and I were walking back to our hotel room late at night- 4 am i think - after a night of fun at the disco. All of a sudden out of the bushes jumps one of the bartenders from the resort we were staying at. He was at the disco that night, but I hung out with him and other locals...these guys were my friends and nothing more.

He said he needed to talk to me. My girlfriends and I have a rule - unless we say it's okay, we are never alone with any of the locals. I was not okay with being alone with him as it totally creeped me out that he jumped out of the bushes. My friends figured he was innocent enough as he was the "quiet one" and left me - except for one who said she would wait for me in the lobby of the hotel.

We sat in the dark, closed restaurant close by. He talked about how much he loved me even though he knew I didn't love him back. I told him all the guys were my friends including him. Well, things took an ugly turn at that point.

All of a sudden he pounced on me and tilted the chair I was sitting on onto the floor. He became unbelievably aggressive and tried to pull my shirt off to the point where he ripped it apart. I was screaming but he had his hand over my mouth and I felt him trying to undo my pants. My saving grace was a belt that was difficult to undo. I managed to push him off me and kicked him so hard that I knocked the wind out of him. I ran like hell back to the lobby where my friend was and ran back to the room as I heard him yelling my name in the background.

I never saw him again. I have never been more scared in my life. And I, of all people, would have never thought that something like this would happen to me since I never led anyone on or would even fool around with any of the locals like some of my friends did on this vacation. I have no idea what brought this on.

Girls, please be careful. You never know what can happen...don't wander around alone late at night. I'm not saying that all resort workers are like this, but I wanted to share my story as a warning. I wasn't talking to this guy any more than any of the other locals, but unfortunately he was a crazy one with awful intentions. I am not a young girl, I'm in my late twenties...this story could have been worse and I thank my lucky stars that it's not.

Have fun, but stay in groups, especially if a situtation doesn't feel right. go with your gut. It's the only sure way to be safe.

thanks for reading

Ella

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Unbelievable!

Ella,

I am sorry that you had to experience such a horrifying ordeal. I am glad you are okay and thanks for sharing your story.

I am so disgusted with these ordeals that people experience (and may be there are more we don't hear about).

Really, I am glad you are okay.

Take care,

-Lesley D-

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
I am sorry that happened to you. you are lucky nothing worse happened! I hope you reported the incident to hotel management, he deserves to lose his job.!

Ella

Jul 30, 2003
I absolutely did report this to the hotel but I have no idea what happened to him. They didn't follow up with me and quite frankly, I didn't even want to know or ask. I trust that the hotel management looked after this since I never saw him again and I was there for another week after the incident.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I too am sorry this happened to you. I would hope you reported it immediately as you entered the lobby. You are hurting other women if you didn't.

Girls next time someone says thay want to "talk" go into the lobby or well lit area to do so, especially people that jump out of bushes. That should have been your first clue that he couldn't be trusted.

Opps just read your answer. Sounds like he got fired and was desperate.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Also!

Anna Coniglio said:
Girls next time someone says thay want to "talk" go into the lobby or well lit area to do so, especially people that jump out of bushes. That should have been your first clue that he couldn't be trusted.
True, so true Anna.

Girls, there is also something else that you darlings can do when in the same position as Ella, and I am sorry if I sound vulgar, HIT THE "BOLAS". When a man is attacking, we forget to cover that part of our bodies so all you have to do is crab "them" and squeeze hard or hit "them" and see us fall like trees and then run as if your butt was on fire!!!.

Glad that u r ok but next time, try not to "flirt" back even if it's fun, at least not with people that you don't know well enough.

Robert, you should make her thread a "STICKY" and also add the comment about grabing or hitting ' LAS BOLAS '.

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I don't beleive this crap

Come on girls, you come down here and flirt with a guy and expect him to just go away. Dominicans are MACHOS. AZB where are you?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
With all due respect, Eddy (you know I love you), no woman asks to be raped, and this is what would've happened to her. We weren't there, and didn't see the flirting involved - ie was it eye contact, or was she doing a lapdance on him? No matter what it was, when a woman says no, it's "no". And let it be known that I hate women that tease a man all night and then leave him cold and dry, but it doesn't sound like this was the case at all.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Inappropriate comment...

Eddy,

There is something called blaming "the victim" and that's exactly what you are doing. Rape or even attempted rape is rape. I am so disappointed with your comment and why call another poster so the OP can be riduculed. Enough is enough. Ella did not post this to get an opinion but rather to forewarn other women thus preventing them from going through the same experience.

In essence yes, Dominican men are macho but that does not justify his actions. Who is to say this individual has not tried this before.

-Lesley D-

Eddy said:
Come on girls, you come down here and flirt with a guy and expect him to just go away. Dominicans are MACHOS. AZB where are you?

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Lesley D said:
Eddy,

There is something called blaming "the victim" and that's exactly what you are doing. Rape or even attempted rape is rape. I am so disappointed with your comment and why call another poster so the OP can be riduculed. Enough is enough. Ella did not post this to get an opinion but rather to forewarn other women thus preventing them from going through the same experience.

In essence yes, Dominican men are macho but that does not justify his actions. Who is to say this individual has not tried this before.

-Lesley D-
Please re-read my post. I did not justify that man's actions nor condone rape. Ella admits that she flirted then went on to "sit in the dark" alone at 04:00 AM with a stranger. Any man would consider this a small sign of "Maybe I've got a chance" I agree that the guy pushed things a bit to far but it's not something a girl should do in the DR or anywhere else. She was lucky to get away. Others have not been so lucky.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
el gringo 762 said:
i'm with old boy "macho dominicano". i'm not dominican, but i'm a man. i've seen how these girls act at the all in's.

picture this. little rich girl strolls up to friend in disco and announces:

"Let's see i'll have paco for lunch and ricardo for dinner."

this kid was probably just some ultra non sankie that lost his job because he got caught up in the moment. now the kid is on his *** without a job because someone had a few too many drinks and put herself in a bad spot. we gringos have a saying (i hate when my wife says that about dominicans.. she has a million sayings) "Fool around in the kitchen enough and you are eventually going to get burned."

so girls, in the future: don't travel to foreign countries, get drunk and think you are still back in the big freeze. do this and your actions will keep some island kid from getting screwed out of his job....

if he wasn't a player he sure is now and with a vengence. if you have the guys number PM me with it. i'm going to be his manager and make millions...
You may be a male but you are definatley not a gentleman.

How can anybody possibly defend or justify the actions of this stalker rapist?!!!!!!

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
A bit too far?

Eddy said:
Please re-read my post. I did not justify that man's actions nor condone rape. Ella admits that she flirted then went on to "sit in the dark" alone at 04:00 AM with a stranger. Any man would consider this a small sign of "Maybe I've got a chance" I agree that the guy pushed things a bit to far but it's not something a girl should do in the DR or anywhere else. She was lucky to get away. Others have not been so lucky.
Ya think?

That's quite the leap from having a chance to attempted rape.

She is lucky to have gotten away just like he is lucky he didn't have his eyes scratched out or his balls crushed.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Thanks-Merci

Eddy,

Thanks for clarifying your response. I was a bit preoccupied by what I had read but there's still an underlying problem....

Gracias.

-Lesley D-

Eddy said:

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Damn shame it happened......

He wasn't right for doing it but in his mind he thought he had a chance after she flirted with and walked off with him at 4AM. A fair warning to the ladies in such a situation: grab and crush his 'Johnson' and he'll definitely back off........

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
:)

miguel said:
True, so true Anna.

Girls, there is also something else that you darlings can do when in the same position as Ella, and I am sorry if I sound vulgar, HIT THE "BOLAS". When a man is attacking, we forget to cover that part of our bodies so all you have to do is crab "them" and squeeze hard or hit "them" and see us fall like trees and then run as if your butt was on fire!!!.

Glad that u r ok but next time, try not to "flirt" back even if it's fun, at least not with people that you don't know well enough.

Robert, you should make her thread a "STICKY" and also add the comment about grabing or hitting ' LAS BOLAS '.

lmao - Miguel you always put up the best posts and responces

Ella

Jul 30, 2003
just to clarify...

For clarification:

Was my mistake sitting alone in the darkl with him at 4 am? Absolutley.
But quite honestly, the fact that the hotel has "security" comforted me...only they were nowhere to be found when i needed them.

Looking back would I ever do that again? Hell no...but sometimes when you're caught off your game you don't think normally.

Do I regret flirting back? No...why should I?
It was very innocent flirting...all verbal and nothing that would insinuate i wanted more from him.

Like I said before, i'm not young and naive but I was completely caught off guard. You want to blame me and my "flirting" or the fact that I was stupid and sat in the dark with this guy? Go ahead. It's your opinion to form. I posted this story anticipating blame or being made fun of at some point but I think it's more important that I share my story than ignore that it ever happened. I'm lucky that the worst thing i walked away with is a torn shirt.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Eddy said:

I think he was the Sankie Union Boss. He was just upset with the way we been talking about his desired members (sankie's) and the treatment they been getting. He was just trying to send a message out.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Ella,

He was very wrong to try to rape you.. but as you also admitted it?s not a good idea to go off into the dark at 4 AM, especially after some friendly flirting.. you put yourself in a dangerous position and were lucky to get away.. remember in different countries people play by different rules... always try to avoid potential hazards!

Again, not condoning what he did but I doubt any normal Dominican girl (not a whore) would go off with a guy into the night at 4 AM and not expect anything to happen.. if she did resist and he forced himself.. I think she will have a difficult time proving she was raped under the DR system..

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ay Dios, gracias!

cjewell said:
lmao - Miguel you always put up the best posts and responces
Thanks but don't say it too loudly if you don't want to have some of my enemies come after you.

People, I am more than sure that Eddy does not want this lady to be raped. Some of you people should try and read "between the lines". I understood his post completely. If you are in a foreign country, there's no need for you to leave your common sense at the airport. It was late, by the bushes and she should have not stayed alone with that "predator".

She is only human and as a human, she made a mistake(go back and re-read her post where she says that she flirts but innocently but just remember that since you are in a country that some men are very machistas, they would not fully understand that you are flirting innocently) and I hope that she learns from that mistake.

Ladies, again, grab "las bolas" and make believe that you are eating a cheesecake, meaning, squeeze with GUSTO!!!!!.

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
What the guy did was wrong...absolutely. I feel sorry for the OP and I am happy things did not turn out worse.

Now, of course I am not blaming the victum but I want all you girls to think about something. So many of you come on here and complain that American men are boring and wont approach you. You say that Dominican men are more charming. They are more romantic. They are more forward. They take your hand and lead you onto the dance floor. They smooze you. You make allowances for sankies saying that at least they pay you attention and romance you. You all go down to the DR looking for these things.

Well guess what...Dominican men are pushier than us too. They treat women more as objects than American men do. They are domineering and are more likely to be forceful and abusive. That smoozing romantic nonsense where they tell you that you are "biryful" should send off bells in your heads that this guy is insulting your intelligence. Instead, so many of you bask in the lies and feel that these lies and pushy behavior fills some void in you that American men cannot.

My comments are not directed at the poor girl who posted her experience because it sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders and just ran into another pushy Dominican male. However, his actions are a good example of why some of you girls who DO allow yourselves to get caught up in the lies of a pushy sankie should be careful. While meeting a guy that is romantic and forward might seem refreshing, remember that there is a fine line between being forward and being pushy. I think the Dominican male for the most part does not recognize that line. So for the girls who go down there seeking a forward man, just be careful. You just might get what you wish for.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.