DR1 opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
After having read this forum for about a year now, I am going to express my opinion as I have seen so many others do. This site has the potential to be a helpful and informative site, IF you want to sift through so much of the bull____ and ego-driven opnions of people who either 1) don't stay on topic, 2) post just so they can see their name in print, and 3) have more negative remarks than I have seen in any one single place in my lifetime.

I have seen many new users ask a simple question, only to be berated for not "searching the archives" when they probably didn't even realize at that point that there WERE archives! I have also seen petty quarrels between parties with obvious longstanding differences which I frankly had no interest in observing.

Yet today someone asked a simple question about whether there might be a market for her product/services, and she DID NOT mention how to contact her or her "website;" and although there were some people who might be interested in obtaining that information, she was harangued about "advertising" on the website and her product was maligned. Listen, folks, if you don't want the product, don't like the product, or have no pertinent information to share that right-thinking people might be interested in reading, what is the problem with simply reading the post and IGNORING IT?! Why do some posters feel compelled to post every stream-of-conscious thought that comes into their head?

If there are rules about posting, they should be posted plainly for newcomers to read. I know there is a fairly new "real estate" sales site that has been "advertised" and I have seen many "advertisements" for Fabio Guzman. Plus numerous recommendations for local bars, restaurants, etc. have been posted, which could be mistaken for "advertisements."

It was my impression that this was supposed to be a forum where people could ask questions, get answers, and express opinions. Instead, I have found it to be, in addition to the above, a place where people nitpick, have ego trips and petty altercations, and ridicule others who don't agree with them.

Que lastima.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Right On, Bro...

DogsRule said:
I have found it to be a place where people nitpick, have ego trips and petty altercations, and ridicule others who don't agree with them.
And those are the good points!

induveca

Jun 17, 2004
Bingo

sift through so much of the bull____ and ego-driven opnions of people who either 1) don't stay on topic, 2) post just so they can see their name in print, and 3) have more negative remarks than I have seen in any one single place in my lifetime.

I have seen many new users ask a simple question, only to be berated for not "searching the archives" when they probably didn't even realize at that point that there WERE archives! I have also seen petty quarrels between parties with obvious longstanding differences which I frankly had no interest in observing.

Yet today someone asked a simple question about whether there might be a market for her product/services, and she DID NOT mention how to contact her or her "website;" and although there were some people who might be interested in obtaining that information, she was harangued about "advertising" on the website and her product was maligned. Listen, folks, if you don't want the product, don't like the product, or have no pertinent information to share that right-thinking people might be interested in reading, what is the problem with simply reading the post and IGNORING IT?! Why do some posters feel compelled to post every stream-of-conscious thought that comes into their head?

If there are rules about posting, they should be posted plainly for newcomers to read. I know there is a fairly new "real estate" sales site that has been "advertised" and I have seen many "advertisements" for Fabio Guzman. Plus numerous recommendations for local bars, restaurants, etc. have been posted, which could be mistaken for "advertisements."

It was my impression that this was supposed to be a forum where people could ask questions, get answers, and express opinions. Instead, I have found it to be, in addition to the above, a place where people nitpick, have ego trips and petty altercations, and ridicule others who don't agree with them.

Que lastima.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.