Vote for PRD again?

Riu

Jun 11, 2004
Dear forum contributors, please verse me in DR politics a little bit. It seems that the PRD is just a house of criminals. I might be wrong, so please correct me if I am, but historically every time they are in power they leave the country worst than before and set progress back for years. I would consider myself neutral to DR politics as I am an outsider, but I am inclined to favor the PLD. They may be crooks also, but it seems that the country advances a little bit more towards modernism and able to compete in the 21st century or the previous century when other parties are in power. If so, why do the dominicans vote for these PRD criminals?

PRD is involve in one scandal after the other. None gets punished like they should, even if they are, they still end up way richer than before. The PRD seem to cater only to their own interest not of the country's.

In your views, is the DR better off with PLD, PRD or other? Historically, what party has been the one that has done more for the country? Although far away, who is the likely candidate for presidency from the PRD and is this guy a know crook or a heading in a different direction for PRD?

El Belga

Feb 17, 2004
www.betranslated.com
"[I]Estabamos mejor con Hipolito[/I]"

This is an 'historical' sentence I read some months ago in a DR1 post dealing with life in DR.
Now Leonel is the new elected president (6 months already) and I hardly see any positive change. The exchange rate has dropped from 50 to 1 till 28.5 to 1 and the prices remained about the same. The free zones owners are complaining about the exchange rate and already starded firing employees, all the people earning their life in US$ or in Euros lost round 40% of their purchasing power and the locals are not better off.
There are lots of power outages, I now live in a quite exclusive place in Santiago (Villa Olga) and I have 6 and 7 hours "apagones" every day (sometimes twice a day). The physicians are on strike to receive a decent wage, the roads are a pure nightmare, Santiago is stinking and everyone I know is sick because they burn garbage and the main project of Leonel is to build a metro in the capital !
"E pa'lante que vamos" Hipolito left the country on the edge of an abyss, with Leonel, we are going to make a big step forward ! :cry: