Tone of voice on the forum

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
Since I am relatively new to the forum and being my first experience with forums, I have enjoyed reading back through the posts from the past few years on certain subjects. As a communication teacher it really is interesting how the "tone of voice, message" comes through for individuals. I feel like I have met some of you and know your personalities. Only wish I had more time to go back through.

It's interesting in forum conversations how our attitudes, likes, dislikes help to make up the variety of responses. I really enjoy reading your responses on living in the DR. I imagine if I met some of you it would be enjoyable to match those "tones" to a face.

Keep talking. I am learning a great deal about the DR.
thanks
Teacher

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Interesting observation, Teacher. Maybe someday after you have had a cocktail or two too many, you will give us your descriptions of the people you have "met" on the message board.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
After many years on this message board I finally met many of the members and they were and sounded just as I imagined. Even their voices were as I heard them in my head. Yes I do hear voices sometimes :laugh:

The only surprise was AZB. I won't give it away, you'll have to find out yourself. ;)

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
As a business student, we are required to take Business Writing and Communications courses that have taught us to watch our own tone when communicating in written format as well as being aware of the tone of those we are communicating with. The differences between the posters in this forum is extensive and I usually take that into account before forming a reply.

Dec 9, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
After many years on this message board I finally met many of the members and they were and sounded just as I imagined. Even their voices were as I heard them in my head. Yes I do hear voices sometimes :laugh:

Half the people I have met physically [as opposed to via the board, thank you] don't look or sound anything like I had imagined them! If you check out the media gallery at least you can get some idea of how people look, but as for voices and personalities, I enjoy the surprises that I invariably get when I meet someone from the board for the first time. But I'm with Ken - I'd love to hear some of your descriptions Teacher ;)

Oh, and Anna, I hear voices all the time!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Dominican Babe said:
Oh, and Anna, I hear voices all the time!

I'm not surprised, DB. I saw you downing all those drinks at Eddy's bar ;)

Surfnut

Sep 15, 2004
here's my take on a few of the regulars

Had to jump in here and at least give my impression.... mind you I am hiding behind a curtain and no one knows who I am.... Anyway, I am keeping it to a physical description for the fun of it.....

HillBilly - White longish hair, trim, 60's, 6ft tall+, blue eyes, tends to wear tailered shorts, no open toed shoes and a loose long sleeve cotton button down.

Robert - Studious looking. Glasses, average frame, green eyes, 5'7 or so, short hair, cigars, nice watch, dirty blonde hair.

Escott - tall, slim, 40's, brown hair, sculptured face, wears mostly full length pants with polo type shorts.

Ken - Aristocrat, big smile, sturdy - muscular - athletic. Dresses casual but cleans up nicely. I would say 6Ft+, grey hair, light complextion.

There are others that I could guess at but wondering how I did?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Er........not too well (said in a kindly tone of voice). Actually, not bad at all on HB, who has trimmed down a lot........never seen him in shorts, though. ;) ...........I wouldn't have said Robert looks 'studious', but I expect that depends on the subject one is studying & sorry, never met Ken so I can't comment.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Surfnut said:
Ken - Aristocrat, big smile, sturdy - muscular - athletic. Dresses casual but cleans up nicely. I would say 6Ft+, grey hair, light complextion.

Not very well overall, I'm afraid. On me, I'd give you a grade of B.