Enduro

faer

Jan 6, 2005
Hi people,
Used the search button, found info, but finally not sure if someone from the forum does practice this sport in the Sto. Domingo area. Are there any trails nearby for weekend riding?
Hopefully I'll be moving there by late april, and don't know whether to take my 1999 KTM 300 EXC with me (well in the container) or to sell it here and then buy one there. I can get nearly $2500 for it here, but don't know if I could buy something like thatfor that money. Also is there any KTM franchise where to have service, spares, etc? or best, which make does it rule there. That would be fine for assuring spares and service....
well, hope to find some mates for ridding, because although I play some golf, I intend to go for it some years from now.....

thanks

Francisco

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
We must have a track somewhere cause we sometimes see these guys with full color gears on, right on the highway! I will look into it! ;)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Santo Domingo

Here in the city these people can help you. Apparently there is a track in La Yuca, Arroyo Hondo.

Motokart
G M Ricart 119
Santo Domingo
(809) 549-4413

Last edited:

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
I'm guessing Enduro would be crazier than anything La Cumbre has to offer :cross-eye

faer

Jan 6, 2005
Thanks for your posts, I'll contact Rob for info on KTM's.

Juanita great site....at least it seems there is a Cross Country Championship going on...

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
For the Enduro boys

I found this ad in the newspaper about a Rally this Sunday.

Rally-Paseo Ruta Santo Domingo
Enduro Brugal
Domingo 24 de abril,
hora de salida 9 am, recorrido aproximado de 90 millas
lugar de salida: Parqueo de Bonanza Pastoriza
lugar de llegada: Plaza Dorada Ave. Roberto PAstoriza
Organiza: Moto Aventura Dominicana

(no phone number included)

roca

Jun 23, 2003
Faer:
Actually there is a lot of enduro going on in Santo Domingo, La Vega and Santiago. While I switched from enduro to motocross, I can still guide you to where to get more info once you arrive. The Motokart info is correct. The La Yuca motocross track does not exist anymore, we now use a smaller track in Santo Domingo next to the Bonanza Shop.It is a miniature supercross track full of tabletops, nothing dangerous, enough to exercise during the week. Also here but a little more far away, a cross country track has been recently opened, I think it is about 5 miles long. This track is about a half hour away, you can either crosscountry to it or use a trailer to get there.
Regarding the KTM distributor, there is one here, you can contact Daniel Abreu for more details, he runs the KTM shop, I think the number is 809-565-1989.
Regarding your KTM, I did some checking and almost everyone agrees you should sell your KTM and buy another here, again Daniel Abreu can hook you up for this, both new and used. A lot of KTM users here.

All enduro groups go out on Saturday, plenty of trails, competitions are done Sundays. Finding a group with which to ride with will be no problem, at all levels of expertise.