Real Estate Booming!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Our Real Estate section is a couple of months old and we already have 300+ listings.
We are serving over 1500 full page ads per day and sending over 500 people per day to our members websites.

Within the next 14 days we will start to actively market this section of DR1 in other media outlets.

If you have a property and it's not in our real estate section, your missing out on a lot of potential buyers.

Real Estate Section

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Maybe a dumb question, but what's the difference between a condo and an appartment ?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
http://dictionary.reference.com

A condominium is in a building or complex in which units of property, such as apartments, are owned by individuals and common parts of the property, such as the grounds and building structure, are owned jointly by the unit owners.

An apartment is a room or suite of rooms designed as a residence and generally located in a building occupied by more than one household.

jeffd

Mar 31, 2005
Atlantica

Robert said:
Our Real Estate section is a couple of months old and we already have 300+ listings.
We are serving over 1500 full page ads per day and sending over 500 people per day to our members websites.

Within the next 14 days we will start to actively market this section of DR1 in other media outlets.

If you have a property and it's not in our real estate section, your missing out on a lot of potential buyers.

Real Estate Section

ROBERT THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING A TOWN HOME IN THE NEW DEVELOPEMENT CALLED ATLANTICA LOOKS ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING, WILL BE MAKING A VISIT FROM NEW YORK NEXT WEEK, WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS, GOOD OR BAD....THANKS JEFF

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I have to second what Scott says!

I have also had more hits then any other site I advertise on.......Now all I need is the Buyers?

Gringo

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Escott said:
I have had more hits and bookings from my listing here than anywhere else I have advertised. Thanks!

Escott

I advertise on 3 major international websites and the replies I get from DR1 by far exceeds the other 3 put together. Thanks Robert!

Sammy Boy

Apr 28, 2005
i need a condo!!!!!

Hello, I am from Florida and want a cheap condo near the water. A nice area is preferable. 40 grand or less....help-thanks-sam

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You might want to try

Sammy Boy said:
Hello, I am from Florida and want a cheap condo near the water. A nice area is preferable. 40 grand or less....help-thanks-sam

Hmm..near the water, nice area, under $40K, you might want to try www.rentatent.com they might have something.

Sammy Boy

Apr 28, 2005
johne said:
Hmm..near the water, nice area, under $40K, you might want to try www.rentatent.com they might have something.
When i say near the water...I mean within a 10 minute drive...I keep seeing aprtments for sale in Sosua for 25 grand. They look decent online...am I missing something here?

MKC

Mar 1, 2005
agency recommendations

Indeed the real estate market seems to be booming... and my husband and I are coming to the DR to look for ourselves in June. We are staying at Casa Linda and have read so many great posts!

There have been many real estate agency suggestions. Can anyone offer references - and perhaps differences between these two agencies: Coral Bay Real Estate and Century 21 Juan Perdomo. I have emailed with Sandy on several occasions - he seems great! What are the pros/cons to working with his agency (being that he is a "gringo") versus Century 21 (with native Dominicans)?

Gracias!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
MKC said:
Indeed the real estate market seems to be booming... and my husband and I are coming to the DR to look for ourselves in June. We are staying at Casa Linda and have read so many great posts!

There have been many real estate agency suggestions. Can anyone offer references - and perhaps differences between these two agencies: Coral Bay Real Estate and Century 21 Juan Perdomo. I have emailed with Sandy on several occasions - he seems great! What are the pros/cons to working with his agency (being that he is a "gringo") versus Century 21 (with native Dominicans)?

Gracias!
Sandy is a decent chap and I have viewed properties with him. He is HONEST and FACTUAL. He will NOT do you wrong to make a commission. Century 21 is owned by a Dominican and maybe 5-10% of the sales people are Dominican. Rest are foreigners. Some are good reliable people. Dean Brown, Martin and Lisa are folks I like there.

Century 21 charges the highest commissions in the area for reasons I can't fathom. It isn't like they do a lot of advertising like their counterparts in the US. They do almost NO advertising. I was shocked when I was told 10% commission when I spoke of listing 4 condos with them which totalled about 600k. I almost fell out of my chair. In the states where the agencies advertise heavily they would have charged only 5-6%. I wouldnt list a thing with them because of this. It would drive up the price unneccesarily high and possibly caused them NOT to sell.

MKC

Mar 1, 2005
gracias - commission info

Excellent - thanks for the info! 10% does seem to be quite ridiculous - perhaps they think because they have the franchise name it warrants more... or perhaps they must pay a lot for those privileges?

Can't wait to start looking... though really have no expectations for it to work out or not work out. It is fairly random that my husband and I have even started to look in the DR.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
MKC said:
Excellent - thanks for the info! 10% does seem to be quite ridiculous - perhaps they think because they have the franchise name it warrants more... or perhaps they must pay a lot for those privileges?

Can't wait to start looking... though really have no expectations for it to work out or not work out. It is fairly random that my husband and I have even started to look in the DR.
I think that they pay no more than Century 21 in NY where I am from and they are competitive with their commission rates. No reason for this other than greed in my opinion. Hey it is their option to charge what ever they want and mine NOT to use them. I just feel sorry for the people that owned the properties I purchased through C-21. They got reemed.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Both purchaser & seller

Escott said:
I just feel sorry for the people that owned the properties I purchased through C-21. They got reemed.

got reemed as the commission is usually in the selling price, no?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Yes, commission is in the selling price. They got reamed on the price because I am a bottom fisher and lost more to commission than needed.

One lot I paid 15k for that the owners originally paid 36k for. Other I paid 19k the owners paid 39k for. Then ten percent gets taken off the top. When you think about it 10% on a small priced item isn't that awful but they get the same 10% on a 150k condo and a 200k villa.

Escott

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Avocado said:
I am a bottom fisher

I hope you don't mean that
Brian, what I mean is that when shopping for property I am looking to pay as little for it as possible. That is what I meant by saying I am a bottom fisher.

I can vouch for this mans story folks on being taken for a ride by Palm Hills. They didn't do what was right and they beat him out of money. I got involved in helping him while he was well on his way to being screwed and by the time I got into it I couldn't do much to help.

If I were to to business with that company I would be VERY VERY Careful!! Let the buyer beware! Brian didn't know how business was done here and got a hosing by this company who had him by the shorthairs. He had advanced 75k for work when NO TITLE had passed hands. Bad move on his part but in a civilized country you have recourse. Lesson learned I hope and he wont be making that same mistake again.

Escott