• Thread starter Dismayed............ but hopeful
  • Start date

Re: Your political agenda and history lessons

D

Dismayed............ but hopeful

THANK GOD for a contributor that speaks for the voice of reason. Having followed this board since it's conception I too am dismayed at the growing minority of people who claim to have the DR close to their heart, but continually persist in engaging in seesaw threads of personal pettiness, childishness, and downright rudeness. I'm amazed that a service that is provided free of charge at much cost to it's provider is mocked and abused in this way. I trust I speak for the majority of board users when I say enough is enough - lets get back to constructive questions and responses, not opinions and all the other garbage that litters this board. As the previous contibutor writes "Stop using this board as your personal chat room. If you don't have a constructive answer to a question from somebody seeking information, don't post." HEAR, HEAR, ........ please folks lets get back to civility and reality. (Concerned resident of the DR)

D

Dee DeMusis

TO DISMAYED:

THERE IS MO MUCH MORE TO THE DR THAN KITCHY RESORTS AND ALL THE TOURST TRAP MANIA. THIS IS A NATURAL AND HISTORIC TREASURE THAT SHOULD BE PROMOTED AND CHERISHED. WHEN THE CULTURAL IS DISCUSSED YOU CAN SEE THE WHOLE PLACE AND ITS VALUE.

I lived in Bar Harbor, Maine in the States, for a long time, so I know all about the tourism scene. We are one of the most visited places in the world. People who come to the island[Mt. Desert] also partake of the history of the place and its place in the state...

To fully appreciate the DR it is important to DIG BENEATH THE SURFACE. ANYONE WITH A MIND WILL.

G

gio

The island has great beauty and it's easy to get caught up in it. A place is more than its trees or its tourist traps full of Americans. If a tourist wants to be blind to the political problems or culture of a place, he or she will have a rude awakening if they bring someone back to their country as a spouse and that person is not sincere. It's not the same as divorcing one of your own. The legalities are very complex and anyone with half a mind would want to have their eyes opened by someone who is living it now.

D

Dismayed

Thanks for those motherly words of 'advice' DDM - FYI I have lived in the DR for 17+ years and would certainly like to think in that time I've had my many opportunities of 'promoting and cherishing the historic treasure' that you write about. That said, I've kinda lost the plot to what your point was ..... maybe come down here and stay a while - I'm sure Bar Harbor will cope with the loss! Have a nice day.

T

Tom

If you get your eyes uncovered, her post was that which you suggest: people visit the DR and see it for what it is, not just tourist resorts.

Are you so blinded by your hate that you don't even read a post, wasting space as you babble?

Tom