Michael Camilo Concert in Santiago

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Brothers of De La Salle are celebrating their 70th anniversary in the DR with a live concert by Grammy-winning jazz pianist Michael Camilo, this Saturday, 19 February at 8:00p.m. at the Gran Teatro Cibao in front of the Monument in Santiago de los Caballeros. This is a "must-see" event for any one that loves good music.

Tickets-via the Hillbilly-are RD$1500 downstairs or RD$1200 balcony. (Normal prices for general public at RD$2000 and RD$1500, but having a grandson at La Salle gets me the discount.)

I am only allowed 10 tickets at these prices. All funds go to the brothers and their great educational efforts all over the DR.

HB........

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
I saw him perform here in Montreal at the Jazz Festival - he was amazing - with only a guitar as accompaniment.

(I think he's officially changed his first name to "Michel" though... Why, I wonder.)

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
I wish it was in April, that way I could go but maybe I should ask my cousin about his shows. They worked together on some songs. You should've seen my face when he told me "do you know who Michel Camilo is? Yeah, that guy that just won a Grammy, I just did some songs with him" :eek: :eek: my jaw was on the floor hehehe