Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Objetivo Fama...US

Hey all..
    I'm a Puerto Rican first of all..and wanted to let you all Dominicans out there know that the reality show 'Objetivo Fama' which airs in Telefutura and that its currently filmed in PR has a dominican participant..her name is Anais and she is absolutely my favorite..she has an amazing voice...i'm just giving u heads up just in case they nominate her to leave...u guys can support her.. she trully ahs talent and you all should be very proud of her...

If you would like to post something u can go to the forum at univision.com and go to the Objetivo fama forum...I am currently ****ed off at the production of the show because they seem to favor some mexican dude.. i mena the guy has talent but so does Anais and the rest...my problem with prodction is that they are always giving poor Anais merengue..to just trying to fill the steryotype of dominican=merengue...i have no porblem with this bus Anais voice is more suit for balads and pop...she has breathtaking voice... and she does not want only to sing merengue...so plz support her...

oh and im even more ****ed off because the host(victor noriega) who's a mexican and apparently is clueless about other cultures..mentioned that Anais looked really pretty NOW that she had straight hair...like if curly hair was somehting bad...and what bothere me more
    is that last week when Anais was about to sing with her partner Rosangela who si of dominican descent as well but born in PR...well he presented them as
    'two girls of dominican descent,,BUT with a lot of talent' what the hell... like if being dominican had a correlation with being talented or not...
    Please Support her...she deserves it..!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

the things you say do not surprise me. Spanish television is one of the most racist forums I have ever found. This is why it shocks me people keep supporting that mess. I really just feel sorry for them.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

i have been seeing alot of the reviews about the show. I did see one episode and was wondering why 85% of the participants are puerto rican , but DarkDreamer already clarified why.I am also wondering if Anais is the one who was on the New York Objetivo Fama , if thats her then i know who you are talking about.I agree with dealt on the racism of Latin American TV,its sickening.I beleive its like this becuase much of the programing is mexican run and Mexican Tv is horrible at this .Its a common joke among other hispanics that as soon as a mexican girl is born with blue eyes and white skin they send her right to televisa's door step and turn her into an actress,becuase lets be honest, i have never seen the typical looking mexican on one telenovela which is sooooo sad and ironic.90% of mexicans do NOT look like Luis Miguel ,Thalia,or any of those tv guys. I dont understand it,Mexicans love to celebrate their Aztec past and heritage yet no one can speak out on that .I mean ,me being Dominican ,if that was the case in DR i would be ****ed but ,thank god the case is not as bad as mexicos.Another jokes hispanics use is that when americans go to Mexico looking for novela looking women ,they only find them in the novelas,lol,its really funny becuase its kinda true.also, remember that mexico has a incredibaly small population with African heritage as oppose to the caribean and other latin american countries , so you cannot expect them to be as sensitive with the topic as we are .Thats where the Colombian,Miami-based Cuban , Venezuelan,and Puerto Rican media fares off alot better.Plus their women are WAY!!!!! better looking then the women of mexican Tv .

A FUEGILLO !!!!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FuegoAzul21
    i have been seeing alot of the reviews about the show. I did see one episode and was wondering why 85% of the participants are puerto rican , but DarkDreamer already clarified why.I am also wondering if Anais is the one who was on the New York Objetivo Fama , if thats her then i know who you are talking about.I agree with dealt on the racism of Latin American TV,its sickening.I beleive its like this becuase much of the programing is mexican run and Mexican Tv is horrible at this .Its a common joke among other hispanics that as soon as a mexican girl is born with blue eyes and white skin they send her right to televisa's door step and turn her into an actress,becuase lets be honest, i have never seen the typical looking mexican on one telenovela which is sooooo sad and ironic.90% of mexicans do NOT look like Luis Miguel ,Thalia,or any of those tv guys. I dont understand it,Mexicans love to celebrate their Aztec past and heritage yet no one can speak out on that .I mean ,me being Dominican ,if that was the case in DR i would be ****ed but ,thank god the case is not as bad as mexicos.Another jokes hispanics use is that when americans go to Mexico looking for novela looking women ,they only find them in the novelas,lol,its really funny becuase its kinda true.also, remember that mexico has a incredibaly small population with African heritage as oppose to the caribean and other latin american countries , so you cannot expect them to be as sensitive with the topic as we are .Thats where the Colombian,Miami-based Cuban , Venezuelan,and Puerto Rican media fares off alot better.Plus their women are WAY!!!!! better looking then the women of mexican Tv .

A FUEGILLO !!!!!!
    I am completely in agreement with you..currently in Puerto Rico we have huge problems with mexicovision oops i mean Univision.. Objetivo Fama is puerto rican product and univision decides that it should go 'national' to all of the US..I have no problem with that...but what they are doing is making it appelaing to mexicans..they obiously have a preference fr the mexicans on the show...the artist that go to the show..like Gracilea Beltran who i recently found out who she was..was presented as a huge mega star..she sing regional mexican music...that appeals to mexicans but what about the rest of hispanics...they have beentrying to implement mexican culture in Puerto RIco for qquite a long time...that why we are trying for them not to get their license back..they cancelled all programation that didnt fit their mexican agenda..the host of this show SUCKS beyond belief its been all over the press and inquiries ahve been made about his racial slurs towards DOminicans...and dark skinned ppl yet he is still there because he is a pretty face and of course because he is mexican...i used to love this show... but now its not what it used to be..im only watching it because I firmly belive Anais deserves to win...i cant bear the thought of such talent going down the drain...she number 1#! y sera otra estrella por la cual uds hermanos dominicanos se sentiran orgulloso..
    by the way fuego yes anais is from NY...but like she says... first is dominican

Joy

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

To all that are ignorant to the fact that Mexico is the most developed country of Latin America and that is the reason that they have the money to fund these shows. Most Latino stars go there to become stars since there are 90 million people. Until another country can afford the programming, you will see Mexican shows.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Víctor Noriega: ¿racista?
    El animador mexicano Víctor Noriega no sale de una para meterse en otra. En momentos cuando su capacidad como animador es fuertemente criticada por el público y los medios de comunicación, al anfitrión se le escapó un fuerte comentario xenófobo a la hora de presentar la interpretación de Martínez y Abreu.

"Anaís y Rosángela, dos chicas con herencia dominicana pero muy destacadas", fue la frase verbalizada por Noriega, provocando la incomodidad de varias personas allí presentes.

Esto salio en la prensa ayer:....

Durante la transmisión, se pudo observar que la modelo Yizette Cifredo, en comparación con las pasadas dos presentaciones estelares, tuvo mayor participación en su papel de coanimadora, tal vez en reacción a la pésima acogida que ha tenido su compañero.

Sobredosis mexicana
    Como si no fuera suficiente la avalancha de regionalismos mexicanos escuchados en apenas tres galas –aún faltan 11–, en esta ocasión subió a escena en calidad de artista invitada la cantante Graciela Beltrán, quien con el género de banda, matizó fuertemente la velada de sabor azteca, logrando que la producción boricua de "Objetivo fama" se sienta cada vez más distante del público puertorriqueño que tanto apoyó la primera edición.

para el articulo completo vaya a:

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gee
    To all that are ignorant to the fact that Mexico is the most developed country of Latin America and that is the reason that they have the money to fund these shows. Most Latino stars go there to become stars since there are 90 million people. Until another country can afford the programming, you will see Mexican shows.

Most developed country in LATIN AMERICA?? I doubt it...proof please
    maybe mexicans in the US...are the most growing minority but that doesn't mean they get the right to impose their culture upon the rest of Hispanics...
    We all ahve our own culture which we love and enjoy...and by the way.. there might be 90 million ppl there..but the poverty rate is alarmingly HIGH... so don't make it seem like all artists just get rich there because the country is in such great shape.. there is a reason why there so many mexicans in the US u know...
    It comes down to respecting other ppls cultures...just because they are growing doesnt mean we have to accept their culture as if it was a religion... that doesnt give them the right to make racial slurs against other ppl either...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with DarkDreamer 110%. Having lived in Mexico it's not the most pleasant experience as a person of color. I liked that other slasero guy from nicaragua as MC; he is a person that just has a ton of class...period.

As for that negrito papichulo from Bayamon...Oh man, I just want to wrap him up an take him home. ;-)

D

Moderator 📚 Spanish Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Telefutura and Univision (sister channels)

Since we are discussing Telefutura I have always noticed something interesting about Univision (sister channel) may be others can voice their opinion. I am not familiar with the show the OP mentioned however, I do agree that there is a tendency to promote a noticeably heavy Mexican domination in all types of broadcasts my observation being specific to journalism and the journalists. I have always wondered why a great percentage of the journalists are Mexican or of Mexican decent. I refuse to believe that their are no Hispanic journalists from other countries that are not just as eligible. Therefore it makes me question why there are so many Mexican journalists. The Univision channel I watch is the central broadcast from Miami but I know the local Univision channels (for example channel 41 in NYC) differ slightly in that they have local broadcasts as well thus the journalists may be from other countries but I can not attest to that.

Also has anyone compared the Mexican presence in other large Spanish TV channels (US based) such as Telemundo or CNN en español just to see if there are similar trends?

More to the OP's point I agree that there is definitely bias and inappropriate comments when it comes to the portrayal of other Hispanic cultures and if Telefutrua and Univision are tolerating this I think it's completely unacceptable since they are the largest Spanish TV channel in the US. Again the underlying issues of discrimination and ignorance etc. manifest themselves openly via the portrayal of culture and comments by commentators like Victor Noriega.

-Lesley D-

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

para el articulo completo vaya a:

A donde? I want to read the whole article.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast