Where To Get A SIM Card

Jun 5, 2004
hey I am arriving next week to Santiago Airport. I know that they have a calling center in the airport Do they have Orange sim cards there? I would like to know what is the closest place to the airport which I can get a SIM card. Thank You

MoReNiTa GuApA

Oct 8, 2004
Cuanto es?

I would also like to know how much a sim card can be purchased for?

Does anyone know if they are compatible with the motorola v60 flip phone that Rogers sells here in Canada.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
MoReNiTa GuApA said:
I would also like to know how much a sim card can be purchased for?

Does anyone know if they are compatible with the motorola v60 flip phone that Rogers sells here in Canada.

Yes they are. they cost like 300 pesos with activation.

MoReNiTa GuApA

Oct 8, 2004
calling cards

And with this sim card you are able to buy the orange cards (RD 50, 100, 200 ect) and not have to pay for a monthly plan? just use the minutes?

MG

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
MoReNiTa GuApA said:
And with this sim card you are able to buy the orange cards (RD 50, 100, 200 ect) and not have to pay for a monthly plan? just use the minutes?

MG

Correct.

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
Question

If my Canadian (rogers) phone roams to Orange without problem. Would it still need to be "unlocked" to use a sim sold by Orange in the fashion you are discussing?
Gerry

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
ggparts said:
If my Canadian (rogers) phone roams to Orange without problem. Would it still need to be "unlocked" to use a sim sold by Orange in the fashion you are discussing?
Gerry

Some do and some do not. For example Last week I took my Rogers Motorolla T720 in to activate and they told me it has to be unlocked and will cost me $350 RD Pesos at the Orange store plus I would have to pay another $300 RD pesos for activation. Which includes a $100 RD Pesos phone card. That's total of $650 RD Pesos. I seen them sell a Motorola Phone for $990 RD Pesos. It was probably better for me to buy the new phone. But I liked my phone and it's features and it was a flip phone and was going in the market for $5,500 RD Pesos. So to me it was worth it. It usually takes 2 days to activate cause if you are not in santo domingo or santiago they will have to send it there, but if you live there you can get it the same day. Good luck.