Residencial Casa Linda

FORD

Nov 12, 2004
There is a real esate development that advertises here on Dr1.com called Residential Casa Linda that looks almost to good to be true. I've never seen the complex "firsthand" but plan on stopping by this summer.

It looks like classy/stylish homes at great purchase and rental prices. Can anyone give me a good first hand report? Do they offer any discounts for long-term rentals?
Thanks mates,
FORD

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Casa Linda is as nice as it looks on the website. It is a very well run community at very affordable prices. Contact Timo the general manager and I'm sure he would be happy to show you aound when you arrive. If you would like some additional information from a home owner please send me a private message.

Wayne

Pukie

Oct 28, 2004
Hi FORD

Are you looking to Buy to to rent?

IMHO Casa Linda Phase 3 looks BETTER in reality than the website.
Mrs Pukie and I stayed there on our property hunting trip last November
and have reserved a plot on Phase 4.

The lot sizes on Phases 1 and 2 are a bit small @500-800 sqm (but, hey I'm from England and our gardens here are the size a postage stamp!)
On the newer phases they are bigger @1000sqm.

One thing I did notice was that many buyers on the newer phase have chosen to "upgrade" the fixtures and fittings from the standard package making for a more luxurious Euro/US style interior.

Some people will tell you the whole CL thing not the 'real' DomRep - but I don't care - it has a really nice village feel and and the management company will take care of everything when your not there (for a price!)

There are a few owners on this forum who where helpful l to me - but I'll let them introduce themselves if they choose to. If you seach the archives you will find only (well mostly) good things said about Casa Linda.

If you like, 'PM' me with your email address I can let you have some pictures
I took.

Luke

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
I took a tour of CL's newest phase last week. I have to say, I was impressed by what you get for your money. Additionally, maintainence and security were first rate.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Who lives there? Are they all non-Spanish speaking foreigners or are there Dominicans and Spanish speaking foreigners as well?

FORD

Nov 12, 2004
Hmmmm? After these remarks it sounds even more promising then ever! Thank you very much for all of your well meaning info.

I love the Dominican people, speak Spanish well and my many vacations were primarilly spent with locals and at local eateries and hotels, but for long-term stay/relocation it would be nice to enjoy us/euro level accomodations and security. (Too, some us/euro neighbors wouldn't be bad either) :)

Thank you all for your time - I'll search thru the archives.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Hi Ford,

I own in Phase 2 and contemplating building in Phase 4. The project is top notch and easy living for renting or owning. Compared to real estate listings these days, you get a lot for the price. I have enjoyed my vacation home for about 2 yrs now. The onsite administration will take of anything for you. Excellent pool/garden maintenance and maid services. It's luxury for less! Try it, you'll like it.

ecarignan

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Pukie said:
Some people will tell you the whole CL thing not the 'real' DomRep - but I don't care - it has a really nice village feel and and the management company will take care of everything when your not there (for a price!)

Good grief. I have lived in the DR for 19 years and am still hard pressed to describe what is the "real Dominican Republic."

I don't live in Casa Linda, but no many who do. If I wasn't happy where I am, then CL would be a place I would consider very seriously.

Also, I see CamdenTom says you get very good value for the money. Since he is a very successful realtor in the US, you can take his endorsement very seriously.

john cast

Oct 3, 2004
FORD said:
There is a real esate development that advertises here on Dr1.com called Residential Casa Linda that looks almost to good to be true. I've never seen the complex "firsthand" but plan on stopping by this summer.

It looks like classy/stylish homes at great purchase and rental prices. Can anyone give me a good first hand report? Do they offer any discounts for long-term rentals?
Thanks mates,
FORD
we were @ casa linda a few weeks ago resales were about 80,000 usd

very nice places they have a good rental base contact sandy@
coral bay 809 399 3165 or coralbayrealestate.com he can tell you
currant rental rates

LJS73

Feb 2, 2005
Pukie said:
Hi FORD

Are you looking to Buy to to rent?

IMHO Casa Linda Phase 3 looks BETTER in reality than the website.
Mrs Pukie and I stayed there on our property hunting trip last November
and have reserved a plot on Phase 4.

The lot sizes on Phases 1 and 2 are a bit small @500-800 sqm (but, hey I'm from England and our gardens here are the size a postage stamp!)
On the newer phases they are bigger @1000sqm.

One thing I did notice was that many buyers on the newer phase have chosen to "upgrade" the fixtures and fittings from the standard package making for a more luxurious Euro/US style interior.

There are a few owners on this forum who where helpful l to me - but I'll let them introduce themselves if they choose to. If you seach the archives you will find only (well mostly) good things said about Casa Linda.

If you like, 'PM' me with your email address I can let you have some pictures
I took.

Luke

Dear Luke

Am new to the site and do not have a clue what 'PM' means but would love to see your photos.

Regards

Louise (Loustew@fsmail.net)

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
PM= Private Message

LJS73 said:
Dear Luke

Am new to the site and do not have a clue what 'PM' means but would love to see your photos.

Regards

Louise (Loustew@fsmail.net)

Click On Pukie's username in the post above (#3) and you will get a menu. Click on "send a private message to Pukie". It's pretty user-friendly from there.

FORD

Nov 12, 2004
JanH said:
Ford - below is a link to our Casa Linda home. We use this SlideShow for prospective renters of our property.

Thought you might want to see what the Yasmin style looks like. It's the "Y" shaped floor plan.

http://picturecenter.kodak.com/share?invite=DESrJ6m6Yk7Zaz7zhogQ

Hey JanH,

Very, ,very nice home! Thank you very much for your post. It looks like RCL constructs stylish, quality homes at very attractive prices. It appears to be something I'm going to have to give great consideration to.
FORD :)

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
As with any gated community with onsite property management, you must factor in monthly fees/expenses - along with the price of a home.