Health Care in DR

MarkusL1

May 3, 2004
I was reading the thread about nurse, stating that nurses in the DR have no formal training and even normal standards of hygiene are a problem.
Now I'm wondering about the health care system and hospitals in the DR.
Is it possible to find doctors and at least one hospital (if one is needed) which has somewhat US or European standards?
I just CAN NOT imagine that all hospitals are bad in the DR. Where are all the foreign business people, diplomats and rich DR people going if in need of health care?
I guess my questions is: Is it possible for someone with international heath coverage to get good medical care if needed?

Thanks for your input!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
MarkusL1 said:
I was reading the thread about nurse, stating that nurses in the DR have no formal training and even normal standards of hygiene are a problem.
Now I'm wondering about the health care system and hospitals in the DR.
Is it possible to find doctors and at least one hospital (if one is needed) which has somewhat US or European standards?
I just CAN NOT imagine that all hospitals are bad in the DR. Where are all the foreign business people, diplomats and rich DR people going if in need of health care?
I guess my questions is: Is it possible for someone with international heath coverage to get good medical care if needed?

Thanks for your input!

Yes. The DR has plenty of good hospitals with great health care.