Ground travel from Santiago to Sosua

Martalina

Feb 11, 2005
My friend is staying at a resort in Sosua, but he's flying into Santiago airport. What is the best way to get to his hotel? How much would a cab cost, or is there a limo service he could hire that would be waiting for him at the airport? And will he be able to arrange for the same transportation returning to the airport at the end of his trip? Thanks!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There was another thread on this yesterday

Your friend can email one of two people.

The one that I have recommended before and that has given excellent service is the following: palomalinda0890@hotmail.com

Her name is Roc?o Valerio-excellent English-and you can call her at 809 357 6047, or at home at 809 582 5112

To Sos?a they charge $60.00. The service is airport to your door.

HB :D:D

And I forgot to mention the less expensive way of taxi to Santiago (RD$450) Caribe Tour bus to Sosua ( RD$100(?), taxi to the hotel (No idea).

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
If your friend is unfamiliar with the country and has no idea where he is I think using the service Hillbilly recommended is the best way.

His other option is to take a taxi from STI to the carribe station in santiago, then take the bus to Charimicos and another short cab ride to his hotel. That would be cheaper but too much aggravation.

Does he HAVE to fly into STI? Have him call the airlines and see if he can hop on a flight to POP instead. It might be cheaper than paying $120 for the car service ( arriving and leaving) and less aggravating. Although the road from Santiago over the mountin to Sosua IS a beautiful scenic ride.

Larry

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Caribe Tours has a bus leaving hourly from Santiago for Sosua from early in morning until into the evening. Cost about RD$120. Taxi from Sosua terminal to a hotel in Sosua is RD$150 if inside city of Sosua. Trip by bus takes about 2 hours. I disagree with Larry about this being "too much aggrevation".

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Ken said:
I disagree with Larry about this being "too much aggrevation".

I think it would be too much aggravation for someone on vacation. Traveling is annoying enough without all those extra stops.

Living in the country like you do Ken, I agree, it would be better to take the taxi/bus/taxi combination and save $45 or so each way.

Larry

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Larry said:
I think it would be too much aggravation for someone on vacation. Traveling is annoying enough without all those extra stops.

Living in the country like you do Ken, I agree, it would be better to take the taxi/bus/taxi combination and save $45 or so each way.

Larry

I understand. But then not all vacationers are accustomed to being carried around on pillows like you are. ;)

Gringoloco

Feb 10, 2005
Sosua to Santiago

Tarifa = RD80 in Dec '04 :) I've got the receipt in my hand right now (via caribe tours bus)

Last edited: