My American Girls: A Dominican Story

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
On Discovery channel right now - a story about first generation Dominicans coming to New York. Quite interesting!

Cardell

Nov 22, 2004
trina said:
On Discovery channel right now - a story about first generation Dominicans coming to New York. Quite interesting!

Yea, I just saw it. Its a very interesting story. Its good to see how dominicans live in D.R. Im half dominican and I know a little about half my culture and the story helps me with it alot.

ALB3

Sep 15, 2003
Good Show

The most interesting aspect of this show for me was how different the 3 daughters are. The oldest distances herself from the Latin community and the youngest embracing much of the negative aspects of Dominican Yorks. The middle daughter is in between.

Good Show.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
ALB3 said:
The most interesting aspect of this show for me was how different the 3 daughters are. The oldest distances herself from the Latin community and the youngest embracing much of the negative aspects of Dominican Yorks. The middle daughter is in between.

Good Show.

This show was originally aired some time ago, and the thing I remember was the unfinished "dream house" the family was building back in the DR. I wonder if they ever got it built?