Ebay?

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
This is completely unrelated to DR - but I dont know where else to ask...

Has anyone sold anything on Ebay here? if so, I need some help. Please PM me if you have or can point me to someone else that can help me.

PS: I have read up on it, I will like to speak to someone who has sold something first hand.

Thanks!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Talldrink said:
This is completely unrelated to DR - but I dont know where else to ask...

Has anyone sold anything on Ebay here? if so, I need some help. Please PM me if you have or can point me to someone else that can help me.

PS: I have read up on it, I will like to speak to someone who has sold something first hand.

Thanks!
i have a couple of items for sale in ebay and i must say that it has gotten ridiculously expensive to try selling something on ebay.

these days it is a risk to place something for sale in ebay because they have categories and in order to have the most exposure they recomend you to choose 2 categories instead of one and then they charge you double.

they charge you for the days you will have your products on.
they charge you 0.15 cents per pics
charge you for a pic in the gallery
for featuring your product
for using bold in the product discription.
for highlighting.
they charge you a starting price fee, a reserve fee, a buy now fee
then they charge you an insertion fee and a final fee.

Insertion Fees
Starting or Reserve Price Insertion Fee
$0.01 - $0.99 $0.25
$1.00 - $9.99 $0.35
$10.00 - $24.99 $0.60
$25.00 - $49.99 $1.20
$50.00 - $199.99 $2.40
$200.00 - $499.99 $3.60
$500.00 or more $4.80
Final Value Fees
Closing Price Final Value Fee
Item not sold No Fee
$0.01 - $25.00 5.25% of the closing value
$25.01 - $1,000.00 5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 2.75% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 to $1,000.00)
Over $1,000.01 5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 2.75% of the initial $25.00 - $1,000.00 ($26.81), plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($1,000.01 - closing value)
and then that is not even counting the percentage that paypal will also get.

I am selling my brand new never used Rainbow Vacuum/carpet shampooer and it is costing me $46.00 USD and that is not counting the final fee and paypal yet. So sometimes this is risky because if you don't sell your product you still have to pay most of these fees.....You can go check my auction and see how simple it is but it still is costing me all that money even though i did not choose anything outrageous.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20611&item=4358582257&rd=1

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Are dominican faceless dolls hard to find outside DR ?
I was looking for some the other day on ebay without any luck.

canadiangirl247

Jul 11, 2004
Maybe try this...

Sometimes it is cheaper to sell items on eBay using a broker. Where I live (Southwestern Ontario) we have a company called Snappysell that will list your items on eBay free of charge and then if it sells they take a certain cut. The cut usually works out to be less then what you would spend listing it yourself and you also don't have the hassle of answering questions or shipping etc. You can check out their website for more info www.snappysell.ca If you don't live in southwestern Ontario there might be a similar service / company in your area.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
canadiangirl247 said:
Sometimes it is cheaper to sell items on eBay using a broker. Where I live (Southwestern Ontario) we have a company called Snappysell that will list your items on eBay free of charge and then if it sells they take a certain cut. The cut usually works out to be less then what you would spend listing it yourself and you also don't have the hassle of answering questions or shipping etc. You can check out their website for more info www.snappysell.ca If you don't live in southwestern Ontario there might be a similar service / company in your area.
Hey Canadiangirl,
I went and checked out snappysell.ca and their fees are much worst than ebay.....for a $50.00 item you would end up paying $21.40

canadiangirl247

Jul 11, 2004
Mr_DR said:
Hey Canadiangirl,
I went and checked out snappysell.ca and their fees are much worst than ebay.....for a $50.00 item you would end up paying $21.40

That is why I said "sometimes" an eBay broker's fees are cheaper. Each person has to weigh the pro's & con's. Do they want to deal with the shipping/packaging details? Do they want to have to deal with e-mailing replies to questions? Do they want to have to pay fees if the item doesn't sell? Usually with a broker if the item doesn't sell - it doesn't cost you a thing! I'm not saying it is for everyone but some may find the less work/hassle of using a broker cheaper so just thought I would mention it.

jerseypumasue

Feb 23, 2005
Dominican faceless dolls

Mr_DR said:
Are dominican faceless dolls hard to find outside DR ?
I was looking for some the other day on ebay without any luck.

I have a collection from my vacations to the DR. I have only seen them sold in Florida at the Swap Shop in Ft. Lauderdale, but they were only the small (like 6-8" ones). Mine are very large, probably 18" or so. I don't know the name of these dolls, do you?