Job Oppurtunities in Santiago??

gatamayo

Feb 16, 2005
Greetings to everyone. I'm planning a big move to Santiago at the end of the year. Tired of living in NYC. Well I'm looking for info as far as jobs go, are there any employment agencies in Santiago as there are in Santo Domingo? I speak fluent Spanish (read & write). Which I know is a big plus. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Whgat can you do?

It seems kinda silly to just ask about "jobs" and not include some sort of parameters....

Are there jobs to be had? Yes.

Are they hard to find? Yes.

You need to network, within your area of expertese.

Good Spanish is not enough.

Try and find a job with someone in the States that does business here. If you are hired here the salary will be "Dominicanized" --and that means downwards.

HB :D

gatamayo

Feb 16, 2005
Thanks for the info.

As far as my language skills are concerned, I speak both English and Spanish fluently. Both my parents are Ecuadorian so I kind of grew up speaking spanish first then english when I went to school. I speak both languages without an accent. I'm currently a satellite and telecommunications coordinator for a major news network here in NYC. I have 10 years of experience in the TV/media industry. I appreciate the website that was sent to me by the friendly Canuck. Anymore more suugestions Hillbilly would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well, for starters

you might get in touch with Chris who posts here.

And you might see about talking to the owners of the four or five TV stations in Santiago. I am totally ignorant as to just what applications you can get involved in, that will provide a living, but a lot of people seem to be getting dishes and going with Dish TV or one of the other systems.

HB :D

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Job Opening:

The qualifiied applicant will have the following skills:

Will know what the job is and who is willing to offer it to him.

Will presumably have some skill and/or experience in that field.

Will ideally know what that kind of work is worth and be willing to work for that amount.

Will also be aware of the kind of behaviour needed to attract an employer with an opening in this field and know what kind of interview is required to land the job.

The right applicant will know what number to call to get the job and have a vague idea what time/date to reply by. Undoubtedly the qualified applicant also knows where to send their resume and if not will call the number he/she already knows to find out.