Passport query

Bugbabe

Feb 12, 2005
Hi everyone

I am new to the forum

Myself and my family (husband and our two kids) have a holiday booked this summer to the Riu Bachata.

My query is reagarding passports.

Both my children are on my passports. I note that America is now not taking children on parents passports & state that children need their own!

Is this the same for the Dominican? If it is, I need to amend my passport & get two new ones for my children!

I have searched for confirmation of this, but keep coming up with the issues regarding one parent travel etc, which does not pertain to us.

Any help would be most welcome

Sharon x

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
for your children to enter and leave the Dominican Republic a birth certificate is sufficient although a passport is always preferred. when it is time to have yours reissued then you can have passports issued for your children. my boys have travelled to RD with me twice. the eldest was on my passport but i had his birth certificate with me as well, the youngest with only his birth certificate. i didn't encounter any problems.

mob

"The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has recommended a policy requiring every individual who travels by air to have his or her own passport. This policy has been put in place to combat the traffic of millions of children around the world who are often sold into slavery, child prostitution or worse. It increases the protection of children, by ensuring that they have a valid passport with a photo and other identifying information."