- 2 accu's

Ports:
serieel, parellel, USB, VGA en PS/2

windows XP PRO geinstalleerd

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Who knows? How much? It's a very old model.

On ebay they are going for around US$150 max.
These are models in very good condition.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Although I have do not own a Dell laptop myself I have a number of friends who have them and ALL have had problems with them in one way or another. Also they say that the customer service dept are not very helpful at all.......just my 2 cents worth

I wouldn't buy a Dell.........however I can highly recommend Toshiba laptops - have never had a problem and neither has my brother.

mislarimar said:
Dell Latitude CP Pentium 233MHz

- Processor: Intel Pentium II:233 mhz
- Intern geheugen: 128mb
- 6GB harde schijf
- 24x cdrom module
- Floppydrive
- Acculader
- PCMCIA netwerkkaart
- 2 accu's

Ports:

mislarimar

Nov 19, 2004
www.adventuretour.net
Robert said:
Who knows? How much? It's a very old model.

On ebay they are going for around US$150 max.
These are models in very good condition.

i just wanted to know because they are selling very very very cheap because it's a young guy in urgent need of money lol!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
We've been a Dell shop for many years. We've always had any problems attended to quickly and effectively - provided we've paid for the maintenance and work correctly through the Dell procedures. Dell makes good machines. I'm on my third Dell laptop and for the third time, I'm really satisfied with my purchase. My laptop travels everywhere with me and it gets beaten up, thrown around and used hard. It changes from a normal word/excel/email production machine, to an accounting machine, to a graphics machine to a server sometimes all in one day.

But tell me, why do you want to buy such an old machine? And on the software side, XPpro is a plus, but you still don't have an office productivity software. The full Office Suite will cost another few hundred dollars.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Dell no good? Try IBM, WORSE!

I'm typing this on a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop that I bought in November to replace my $2,000usd IBM A21 series laptop that died a horrible death at less than 3 years old with no more than 100 hours of use. It would have cost over $600usd to repair it with no guarantee. So I put another $400 with it and bought this Dell. Other than the usual problems with Windows XP it works just fine. Incidentally you can find used IBM's on ebay for about $300 (if you want to gamble on a used machine). I'll NEVER own another IBM. Big Blue has gone to hell in quality (no wonder they recently sold off this division to the Chineese).
The Dell you're looking at is old and as Robert says, it's not worth much. Go to the Dell website on-line and buy a new one at a discount. They also have an in-home repair warranty service (cost about $70usd) that is good even here in the DR. It's well worth it.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Too small an engine for XP????

I'm no expert, but with a clock @ 233Mhz and only 128MB of memory, I would think that XP will run extremely poorly, due to page swaps, etc. While it's not likely that the machine will shoot sparks out of the parallel and smoke out the serial ports, you may become very frustrated with the slowness of web page loads. IMO test it with a internet connection first, if you expect to be on the web; test any apps you expect to run, like Excel, Word, etc.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
A PDA I'm interested in buying runs faster than that laptop. Call Dell or do it online for a good price, it'll be the best thing you can do. Great service IMO. I'm typing on a Dell right now ;)

Gee

Jan 5, 2005
mislarimar said:

- Processor: Intel Pentium II:233 mhz
- Intern geheugen: 128mb
- 6GB harde schijf
- 24x cdrom module
- Floppydrive
- Acculader
- PCMCIA netwerkkaart
- 2 accu's

Ports:

It depends on what you want to use it for considering that Pentium 4 is now out. I would not recommend it if you plan on adding a lot of software. I trust Dell, but love HP.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Not true, yes and yes!

Buzzard said:
I'm no expert, but with a clock @ 233Mhz and only 128MB of memory, I would think that XP will run extremely poorly, due to page swaps, etc. While it's not likely that the machine will shoot sparks out of the parallel and smoke out the serial ports, you may become very frustrated with the slowness of web page loads. IMO test it with a internet connection first, if you expect to be on the web; test any apps you expect to run, like Excel, Word, etc.
daydream, maybe your friends were unlucky but Dell makes good computers and their customer service dept has been more than helpful to me over the years. They are not the best out there but I have worked with Dell computers for many, many years and I, not long ago, bought a laptop and I have never had any problems with them.

Yes, it's and old and outdated laptop but if you are not using if for anything "amazing", it's a good machine.

Yes, XR would run very poorly on this model.

By the way, about 5 years ago I bought a Toshiba laptop that worked great for about 1 week. I changed it for a Dell(which I then gave to a relative a few months later) and it's still running as if was brand new. Toshiba makes, also, good laptop and I will never say that I will not buy another Toshiba just because I had a bad experience with one that, JUST MAYBE, came with a defect from the "factory".

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Hi Miguel

I hear what you're saying.....and it's a fair point......you get a certain number of defects with all brands - I guess my friends are just the unlucky ones who became the owners of a few of Dell's.

miguel said:
daydream, maybe your friends were unlucky but Dell makes good computers and their customer service dept has been more than helpful to me over the years. They are not the best out there but I have worked with Dell computers for many, many years and I, not long ago, bought a laptop and I have never had any problems with them.

Yes, it's and old and outdated laptop but if you are not using if for anything "amazing", it's a good machine.

Yes, XR would run very poorly on this model.

By the way, about 5 years ago I bought a Toshiba laptop that worked great for about 1 week. I changed it for a Dell(which I then gave to a relative a few months later) and it's still running as if was brand new. Toshiba makes, also, good laptop and I will never say that I will not buy another Toshiba just because I had a bad experience with one that, JUST MAYBE, came with a defect from the "factory".

hormiga33

Jul 17, 2004
Buzzard said:

Hi,

This is very true. Win Xp Prof does not run well with 128MB. You'll end up staring at an hourglass all day long. Just because somebody was able to install Win Xp does not mean it will run well. I would not accept anything less than PIII 500Mhz, 256MB to run Win XP Prof.

Hope this helps
horm

Don Tomas

Jun 22, 2004
mislarimar said:

As people have mentioned running XP Pro on that laptop would be very frustrating. I wouldn't even run Windows 2000 on it.

Also for a price reference on eBay I saw several of these listed for US$9.99, yes 10 bucks!

If you want a good paperweight it would work well.